‘Death to Dictator!’: Protesters Rise Up Against Iranian Regime Over Downed Passenger Jet

Dec 2015
Arizona
How many hearts and minds do you think he's winning over there?

From Google Translate:
Can you believe this?? I saw it yesterday on Twitter and thought----WTF??? Seriously?? Tweeting in Farsi?
AND then writes this: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government....
Remind me. When exactly did Donald J Trump STAND for Iran? IRAN?
AND right about now, Donny is using his "J" for genius routine while the rest of the world LAUGHS once again.

Feb 2007
USA
Can you believe this?? I saw it yesterday on Twitter and thought----WTF??? Seriously?? Tweeting in Farsi?
AND then writes this: I have stood with you since the beginning of my presidency and my government....
Remind me. When exactly did Donald J Trump STAND for Iran? IRAN?
AND right about now, Donny is using his "J" for genius routine while the rest of the world LAUGHS once again.
So then, we are supposed to believe that the very same person who promotes "punishing" economic sanctions on Iran, of which inevitably hurt the Iranian public and not necessarily the Iranian government, all based on his personal belief that Iran would now be willing to give up that which it hadn't given up before while Iran was under similar-though perhaps even worse-conditions then, is now standing alongside the "suffering" Iranian public?

:zany:

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
So then, we are supposed to believe that the very same person who promotes "punishing" economic sanctions on Iran, of which inevitably hurt the Iranian public and not necessarily the Iranian government, all based on his personal belief that Iran would now be willing to give up that which it hadn't given up before while Iran was under similar-though perhaps even worse-conditions then, is now standing alongside the "suffering" Iranian public?

:zany:
It's kinda like when Daddy gives Baby a spanking and says "This hurts me more than it hurts you."
See how that works?

Reactions: baloney_detector
Feb 2007
USA
It's kinda like when Daddy gives Baby a spanking and says "This hurts me more than it hurts you."
See how that works?
The fact of the matter is, wholesale economic sanctions imposed on countries often don't result in the governments in those countries doing what the sanction-imposing countries want them to do. Rather, those sanctions only tend to hurt the general public of those countries.

Moreover, quite arguably the main-and likely only-reason why Iran came to the negotiation table during the Obama administration in the first place is because the Obama administration didn't promote the idea of regime change in Iran, like past administrations. But, we have that same regime change rhetoric coming out of Washington now, once again, so I suspect that Iran's government will only hold onto their ground without such talks about a future deal, particularly since regime survival in Iran is their primary goal.

Reactions: cwII and Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
It was a false flag operation. The US did it. How do I know? Putin told me.

And these guys are almost as good as RT.

I thought the Russians were supposed to be our friends!?!

poor donald

The anger on the streets is being fueled by the public comments of Western leaders like Donald Trump, who no doubt see the clamor and recriminations as an opportunity to push harder for regime change in Iran.