‘Trump is ruining our markets’: Struggling farmers are losing a huge customer to the trade war — China

Oct 2010
Colorado
MAGA ain't working out so well for some folks who supported DJ.

‘Trump is ruining our markets’: Struggling farmers are losing a huge customer to the trade war — China
U.S. farmers lost one of their biggest customers after China officially cancelled all purchases of U.S. agricultural products, a retaliatory move following President Donald Trump’s pledge to slap 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese imports.​
China’s exit piles on to a devastating year for farmers, who have struggled through record flooding and an extreme heat wave that destroyed crop yields, and trade war escalations that have lowered prices and profits this year.​
“It’s really, really getting bad out here,” said Bob Kuylen, who’s farmed for 35 years in North Dakota.​
“Trump is ruining our markets. No one is buying our product no more, and we have no markets no more.”​
Agriculture exports to China dropped by more than half last year. In 2017, China imported $19.5 billion in agricultural goods, making it the second-largest buyer overall for American farmers. In 2018, that dropped to $9.2 billion as the trade war escalated, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.​

More: 'Trump is ruining our markets': Struggling farmers are losing a huge customer to the trade war — China

May 2018
Chicago
OMG, this is really bad. This trade war has probably cost us more than just China. I really feel for the farmers. But maybe this needed to happen to get people to wake up. I know that China definitely has just started importing more from other countries.

After this trade war ends, getting China back might be next to impossible. This is gonna be another mess the Dems will have to fix.

Make no mistake folks, this is really, really bad. If China can get what it needs from other countries, what is the incentive to come back to the table? Even IF a Democratic admin is able to get something back, China will most likely just say, "What's to keep you from electing another Trump in the future?" This is not good, and it's the worst case scenario in this idiotic trade war.

I'm getting sick and tired of this, and you can damn well bet Trump just lost a significant number of voters. Trump is doing his best to drive this country to its knees.

Last edited:
May 2018
Chicago
I wanted to tweet this to Trump, but his twitter feed seems to be overwhelmed. Can't imagine why. So much for MAGA.

People are now afraid to go out to certain events because of mass shootings, which the GOP ignores. Our farmers are on their last legs because of Trump's stupid trade war. So much winning.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
MAGA ain't working out so well for some folks who supported DJ.

U.S. farmers lost one of their biggest customers after China officially cancelled all purchases of U.S. agricultural products, a retaliatory move following President Donald Trump’s pledge to slap 10% tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese imports.​
China’s exit piles on to a devastating year for farmers, who have struggled through record flooding and an extreme heat wave that destroyed crop yields, and trade war escalations that have lowered prices and profits this year.​
“It’s really, really getting bad out here,” said Bob Kuylen, who’s farmed for 35 years in North Dakota.​
“Trump is ruining our markets. No one is buying our product no more, and we have no markets no more.”​
Agriculture exports to China dropped by more than half last year. In 2017, China imported $19.5 billion in agricultural goods, making it the second-largest buyer overall for American farmers. In 2018, that dropped to $9.2 billion as the trade war escalated, according to the United States Department of Agriculture.​

More: 'Trump is ruining our markets': Struggling farmers are losing a huge customer to the trade war — China
And Russia gains as China will now buy their crops. What a complete disaster. This is what you get for electing such an idiot like Trump.

What is with republicans,, 3 of the last 4 presidents were a former actor, a bumbling idiots in W, and Trump. Stop electing idiots that cause so much damage

May 2018
Chicago
And Russia gains as China will now buy their crops. What a complete disaster. This is what you get for electing such an idiot like Trump.

What is with republicans,, 3 of the last 4 presidents were a former actor, a bumbling idiots in W, and Trump. Stop electing idiots that cause so much damage
As long as enough of our population remains abjectly stupid and ignorant, we will always have problems. All the GOP has to say is that they hate brown people and gays, love god and guns, and the dumbfucks will elect them.

Jul 2019
Georgia

I've definitely thought to myself more than once "I bet Putin is loving trump's trade war"