“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been."

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Isaac Asimov > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

― Issac Asimov

Dec 2017
USA
Isaac Asimov > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

― Issac Asimov
@bill sands

Yes, although, that reaches across all of humanity--not just the US. Also, it is worth noting that 'anti-intellectualism' is in many ways, inextricably bound to sloth. That is, reading, thinking, writing, formulating and challenging arguments all takes quite a lot of work. Is it not easier to allow the time to pass doing more undemanding tasks?

Think about it, Asimov used to read Chemistry textbooks for fun, and wrote 100(?) books. How many people do you know have even a fraction of that work ethic--in any area?

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
@bill sands

Yes, although, that reaches across all of humanity--not just the US. Also, it is worth noting that 'anti-intellectualism' is in many ways, inextricably bound to sloth. That is, reading, thinking, writing, formulating and challenging arguments all takes quite a lot of work. Is it not easier to allow the time to pass doing more undemanding tasks?

Think about it, Asimov used to read Chemistry textbooks for fun, and wrote 100(?) books. How many people do you know have even a fraction of that work ethic--in any area?
few i really admire him and men and women like him so much, they should be running things

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
@bill sands

and yes it isnt just the usa the world is full of pathetically stupid and ignorant people, the worst are those that deliberately remains so and are proud of it

Last edited:
Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
How's your emotional IQ?
i'm retarded skitzo effective actually
Schizoaffective disorder is a mental disorder in which a person experiences a combination of schizophrenia symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions, and mood disorder symptoms, such as depression or mania. The two types of schizoaffective disorder — both of which include some symptoms of schizophrenia — are:

• Bipolar type, which includes episodes of mania and sometimes major depression
  • smart people get an education so they can make more money

Dec 2018
New England
i'm retarded skitzo effective actually
Schizoaffective disorder is a mental disorder in which a person experiences a combination of schizophrenia symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions, and mood disorder symptoms, such as depression or mania. The two types of schizoaffective disorder — both of which include some symptoms of schizophrenia — are:

• Bipolar type, which includes episodes of mania and sometimes major depression
  • smart people get an education so they can make more money
Hang in there.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
bipoler usually occurs in really smart people, i ave that, but yah i'm 60 andstill here, thats a big success considering the roller coaster ride of a life i've had, and thank you, for not respoding with insults and mockery, i respect you for that