“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been."

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
@bill sands

Yes, although, that reaches across all of humanity--not just the US. Also, it is worth noting that 'anti-intellectualism' is in many ways, inextricably bound to sloth. That is, reading, thinking, writing, formulating and challenging arguments all takes quite a lot of work. Is it not easier to allow the time to pass doing more undemanding tasks?

Think about it, Asimov used to read Chemistry textbooks for fun, and wrote 100(?) books. How many people do you know have even a fraction of that work ethic--in any area?
cognitive bias is intellectua laziness agreed and sure it isnt just us, but lets face it we wship holly wood the way the french worship intellectuals tha right there tells you alot asbout us vs other industiral societies. god i love the french

Dec 2018
New England
bipoler usually occurs in really smart people, i ave that, but yah i'm 60 andstill here, thats a big success considering the roller coaster ride of a life i've had, and thank you, for not respoding with insults and mockery, i respect you for that
Jibes during a debate are part of the exercise; health is no joking matter, and we're of similar age, so I suspect you know I know.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Jibes during a debate are part of the exercise; health is no joking matter, and we're of similar age, so I suspect you know I know.
i'm 60 i had a real good run considering i consider mty life succcesful in tht i havent frozen to death in card board box behind a liquor store... yet