2020 Republican Primary

Jul 2019
Georgia
I guess Individual 1 has made it official that there will be one

here is the competition (though I'm not sure which one is which)

Weld?
Walsh?
and
???

anyway. hoping for some entertainment from this at the very least,

but trump is right, he should be able to take them!
the ??? is Sanford

apparently he was caught in Argentina with a "flaming dancer"

trump mocking infidelity will never not be funny

Dec 2015
Arizona
crap, I did read that some states might not hold Repub primary due to RNC's 100% backing of trump

I guess it's allowed.

pretty shitty though
The GOP has never been noted for its intelligence or even common sense and certainly never for fair-play. It would be incredibly stupid--almost monarchy-like to hand the presidency back to Trump again without some symbolic show of democracy but......
Four Republican state parties are poised to cancel their perspective presidential caucus and primary contests, moves which would help President Donald Trump hold on to the party's nomination and avoid criticism from rivals.
Arizona, Kansas, South Carolina and Nevada are expected to finalize the cancellations in meetings over the weekend, Politico reported on Friday, citing three GOP officials who were familiar with the plans.

"We don't elect presidents by acclamation in America," Bill Weld said. "Donald Trump is doing his best to make the Republican Party his own personal club."

So what if these candidates don't pose a real threat to Trump? The GOP should go through the process anyway. But suddenly they're concerned about a BUDGET. It would be costly to run the primaries so why not keep Trump's Svengali-hold on the entire party? That's the thinking and again it boggles the mind. AND, the fact that the GOP "strategists" are ignoring the prez's approval rating and the unchanging base percentage which are NOT winning combinations.
Do they WANT to lose the next election? Because that's what it looks like to me OR this could be one more time that the PARTY is shielding Trump from embarrassment and YES---if Trump had to debate his own party members on the national stage--humiliation MIGHT be the theme of the night...for Trump.

Jul 2019
Georgia
The GOP has never been noted for its intelligence or even common sense and certainly never for fair-play. It would be incredibly stupid--almost monarchy-like to hand the presidency back to Trump again without some symbolic show of democracy but......
Four Republican state parties are poised to cancel their perspective presidential caucus and primary contests, moves which would help President Donald Trump hold on to the party's nomination and avoid criticism from rivals.
Arizona, Kansas, South Carolina and Nevada are expected to finalize the cancellations in meetings over the weekend, Politico reported on Friday, citing three GOP officials who were familiar with the plans.

"We don't elect presidents by acclamation in America," Bill Weld said. "Donald Trump is doing his best to make the Republican Party his own personal club."

So what if these candidates don't pose a real threat to Trump? The GOP should go through the process anyway. But suddenly they're concerned about a BUDGET. It would be costly to run the primaries so why not keep Trump's Svengali-hold on the entire party? That's the thinking and again it boggles the mind. AND, the fact that the GOP "strategists" are ignoring the prez's approval rating and the unchanging base percentage which are NOT winning combinations.
Do they WANT to lose the next election? Because that's what it looks like to me OR this could be one more time that the PARTY is shielding Trump from embarrassment and YES---if Trump had to debate his own party members on the national stage--humiliation MIGHT be the theme of the night...for Trump.
I used to say that trump hijacked the Republican Party, but it's clear they've willingly become the party of trump.

Feb 2019
here and there
it's not like othre republican politicians are much better, they are just more political and mask their racism and disgusting positions. Trump is just shining a giant spotlight on how republicans really are, who they pander to, how pathetic their policies are, which are nothing but give the rich tax breaks and do nothing else
Well the democrats don't even try to mask their racism/bigotry when talking about Jewish "Benjamins' controlling the government and then say Trump is the racist one all in the same breath.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Well the democrats don't even try to mask their racism/bigotry when talking about Jewish "Benjamins' controlling the government and then say Trump is the racist one all in the same breath.
Democrats? As in millions and millions of people don't even try to mask their racism/bigotry? Really? I'd like to see a source or a link showing that MILLIONS of people "talked" about the Benjamins controlling the government or otherwise. So let's start with that.
Next, Omar's tweet was SIX WORDS--SIX words that referred to a SONG and Israel's apartheid policies. Omar's Democrat colleagues immediately called for an apology AND OMAR gave it...willingly....adding this: “Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes.”

Donald Trump has made hundreds of bigoted comments, but you don't seem concerned about that so are we to understand that it's only a problem when the other side says it or does it?
Who is Kevin McCarthy to call out Omar on anti-Semitism, when he once accused Jewish billionaires George Soros and Michael Bloomberg of trying to “BUY” the midterm elections? And don’t get me started on Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, who got away with racially charged anti-immigrant rhetoric for years.

AND let's talk about our first amendment. Does that ONLY apply to Republicans? Why is it so out of line for a Democratic lawmaker to call out Israel on policies MOST OF US have been appalled at for years?? As a matter of fact, the majority of American Jews are Democrats and aren't too thrilled with Israel or Bibi at the moment.
As far as Trump is concerned, I think his bigotry, misogyny, hateful comments speak for themselves.
Be very careful, O, before calling the kettle BLACK. You have a very tiny piece of ground to stand on when it comes to OTHERS' flaws. You're supporting the most flawed, defective, character-weak president in history.

Feb 2019
here and there
Democrats? As in millions and millions of people don't even try to mask their racism/bigotry? Really? I'd like to see a source or a link showing that MILLIONS of people "talked" about the Benjamins controlling the government or otherwise. So let's start with that.
Next, Omar's tweet was SIX WORDS--SIX words that referred to a SONG and Israel's apartheid policies. Omar's Democrat colleagues immediately called for an apology AND OMAR gave it...willingly....adding this: “Anti-Semitism is real and I am grateful for Jewish allies and colleagues who are educating me on the painful history of anti-Semitic tropes.”

Donald Trump has made hundreds of bigoted comments, but you don't seem concerned about that so are we to understand that it's only a problem when the other side says it or does it?
Who is Kevin McCarthy to call out Omar on anti-Semitism, when he once accused Jewish billionaires George Soros and Michael Bloomberg of trying to “BUY” the midterm elections? And don’t get me started on Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, who got away with racially charged anti-immigrant rhetoric for years.

AND let's talk about our first amendment. Does that ONLY apply to Republicans? Why is it so out of line for a Democratic lawmaker to call out Israel on policies MOST OF US have been appalled at for years?? As a matter of fact, the majority of American Jews are Democrats and aren't too thrilled with Israel or Bibi at the moment.
As far as Trump is concerned, I think his bigotry, misogyny, hateful comments speak for themselves.
Be very careful, O, before calling the kettle BLACK. You have a very tiny piece of ground to stand on when it comes to OTHERS' flaws. You're supporting the most flawed, defective, character-weak president in history.
Omar has said many racist things other than the anti-Semitic drivel we have become akin to such as this: “I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country, and so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men.”

As for Trump, he uses the word "invasion" and gets called a racist for it. He suggests building a security wall and the Left wing Pope comes out and says he is going to hell.

I mean come on now, these Leftists are insane and openly racist and hateful.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Omar has said many racist things other than the anti-Semitic drivel we have become akin to such as this: “I would say our country should be more fearful of white men across our country because they are actually causing most of the deaths within this country, and so if fear was the driving force of policies to keep America safe, Americans safe inside of this country, we should be profiling, monitoring, and creating policies to fight the radicalization of white men.”

As for Trump, he uses the word "invasion" and gets called a racist for it. He suggests building a security wall and the Left wing Pope comes out and says he is going to hell.

I mean come on now, these Leftists are insane and openly racist and hateful.
I asked for a source--a link--as evidence that MILLIONS of Democrats have expressed racist/bigoted remarks about Jews and the "Benjamins". Where's that link?
You can't even provide a link for your Omar quote...? As a Trump supporter, you should be able to uncover MORE examples of his bigotry than just "invasion" and/or the WALL. AND again... are we to understand that it's only a problem when the other side says it or does it?
AS far as Pope Francis, the leader of Catholics and Christians around the world---the guy who is a critic of injustice--the guy who preaches what Jesus preached--the guy who advocates for the poor, the needy-- the guy who addresses Christian church doctrine and social doctrine--greed, anger, pride, arrogance, violence?? That Pope?
Well, excuse me if I have more faith in the Pope than in your hateful lies and shame on you for disrespecting a man who has devoted his entire life to moral and ethical principals....unlike your current president.