3 Million

Jun 2018
South Dakota
On edit, the no surprise comment is meant to comment on the number or unemployed and i in no way directed at you being unemployed. Hope it's over soon and you can get back to normal!
No surprise there. I think someone mentioned it during a recent WH update. Some are complaining that Trump is moving too fast and others are complaining that he's moving too slow. Your post highlights the reason that he's moving at the speed he is. You can't prescribe and formulate a course of treatment for something you can't place a range of need on. You can only try to prep the ground and do your best to hit the problem in the head when you do attack it. In the current case, we are seeing unprecedented needs and undefinable fixes needed. In the end a battle damage assessment will be investigated and an old principle will be put in place. "Accountants,politicians and lawyers are those who take the field after the battle to bayonet the wounded". Our posting here are describing which of these categories we fall in.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
Is this your sneaky way of defending the asshole-in-charge again? False dilemma fallacy.
TDS has you in its icy grip. I'm sorry for you.

To answer your question, no, it's conjecture on my part. At some point our self-imposed economic hardship is going to drive a large number of people to demand the bans and directives aimed at preventing the spread be lifted. We're in for some difficult choices if/when that happens.

Dec 2018
Indiana
TDS has you in its icy grip. I'm sorry for you.

To answer your question, no, it's conjecture on my part. At some point our self-imposed economic hardship is going to drive a large number of people to demand the bans and directives aimed at preventing the spread be lifted. We're in for some difficult choices if/when that happens.
Don't be sorry. If you can't admit that Trump is an asshole and his policies have endangered the American people, I'm very sorry for you. Need his disastrous and hateful mistakes be repeated here for you?

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2018
New England
Don't be sorry. If you can't admit that Trump is an asshole and his policies have endangered the American people, I'm very sorry for you. Need his disastrous and hateful mistakes be repeated here for you?
What does that have to do with this thread or my post?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
British Prime Minister Harold MacMillan was asked what was most likely to blow a government off course, his reply
"Events, my dear boy, Events"
Well, here we are smack dab in the middle of "Events".
So far, the performance of the executive has been dismal.
Prior to the events, he gutted our ability to respond.
When the events began, he delayed the response, making the eventual outcome far worse than it had to be.
And here we are, at least 10 months away from competent leadership (unless Trump and Pence both die from virus, putting Nancy in the White House)

Heading into an election, with a million bodies and the worst economy in history could limit Trump's support to his core cult.

Reactions: se7en
Dec 2018
Indiana
What does that have to do with this thread or my post?
So you think it's just about time to ignore the leading epidemiologists, the body counts and that most people should get back to work for the sake of the economy? Trump is all for it by Easter Sunday!

Unlike Trump, COVID-19 has no political agenda.

Dec 2018
New England
So you think it's just about time to ignore the leading epidemiologists, the body counts and for most people to get back to work for the sake of the economy? Trump is all for it by Easter Sunday!
No, I don’t think that. I asked you what relevance your reactionary, anti-Trump reply had to my comment and/or this thread. The question is plainly worded right there in post #7.

Rest assured, if I ever find myself wondering what you think I’m thinking, I’ll ask.