32 Tips For Navigating A Society Full Of Propaganda And Manipulation

May 2019
USA
Certainly history as taught in K-12 when I was growing up (ages ago, I'll admit) was very biased. Apparently the textbook manufacturers were leery of losing big market share in states like TX, which had a real lust for embellishing their heroes, such as they were. (& I believe TX Board of Education - or one of their committees - struck Pres. T. Jefferson from the pantheon of state-certified demigods - apparently he was too uppity.) So yes, history requires a good eye, to spot special pleading & self-aggrandizing writing/thinking. I've learned to read British history & reference & children's books (Dorling Kindersley - now DK) with a jaundiced eye. They appear to have contracted the Russian virus (It was invented here!) & having read through a fair amount of WWII books & articles, I look very carefully @ Churchill's histories & articles & pamphlets & on & on (he was a journalist early on, & apparently never learned to shut up already). He had a nice facility with language, but a lot of it (to me) seems to be mostly self-serving. He was also the only professional writer of the big three Allies in WWII to survive (& with any regard for mass public opinion), & he wasn't shy about using his special access to British military & diplomatic documentation to produce a string of best sellers - with considerable editorial & clerical staff support. He was a kind of literary cottage industry in UK for a time - think of him as Martha Stewart, Inc., with a literary bent. & of course he had a lot of time (& debts) on his hands, once he was voted out of office.

But I digress - yes, the main requirement is to engage with whatever you're reading - & I prefer reading for information - there are too many distractions to the other media, pretty as they may be.
Somewhat like reading Klues Klucks duh Klans master race behavior where Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate cops that baptize thine eyes of one of Eisenhower's WW II Pentagon staff sergeants by urinations while he was trying to eat lunch discussing Washington, D.C. sports & threatening to kill, then having Rehnquist immaculate drug conceptions to exterminate any such crime as just federal sin propaganda where a about a year later said national religion KKK master race of suicidal homicidal sociopsychopathilogical human farming as when back in Boy Scouts Catholic Clergy claimed the KKK didn't run thru a church but they did; jihad bragging on the streets of D.C about the master plan successful killings from those Freudian slips of what 9/11 was to Rehnquist's no equal justice under law Reichquest; still practicing lynching enforcement to sanitize the Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate partying in the streets Freudian slips where US Fascist - Masochists render a US Drugs of Christianity for Nazington court where all Bicentennial evidence of thieving US Constitution - Ike's old glorys presented for business excellence to Holocaust survivors - Israel hand scribed old testaments arsonists no longer existed in that "serve the Pope or die" more perfect union with Arab "death to the infidels" flying carpet terrorists.