50 inches of White

Jul 2014
massachusetts
There was a cartoon, it showed some people down south getting an inch of snow and they were all yelling, "We're all going to DIE".
And on the other panel was a New Englander, amidst 10 foot snow drifts, tending to his grill, asking "How do want your burger?"

Reactions: 1 person
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
There was a cartoon, it showed some people down south getting an inch of snow and they were all yelling, "We're all going to DIE".
And on the other panel was a New Englander, amidst 10 foot snow drifts, tending to his grill, asking "How do want your burger?"
it is not snow.. it is ICE.. there is a difference.

I have lived in Chicago, the 3 inches ice here is worse than 30 inches of snow there.

at least you can plow snow off the roads..

But I have to agree we are not use to the snow and Ice on a regular basis

May 2013
arkansas
We have a rule here down south....."If there is the slightest chance of the most remote possibility of a snowflake touching the ground, your presence is required at the grocery store. It does not matter if you do not need anything, you must go!"

We barely have enough sleet to cover the ground, but the local grocery stores are sold out of bread. :blink:

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
We have a rule here down south....."If there is the slightest chance of the most remote possibility of a snowflake touching the ground, your presence is required at the grocery store. It does not matter if you do not need anything, you must go!"

We barely have enough sleet to cover the ground, but the local grocery stores are sold out of bread. :blink:
That is one of my greatest winter sports events.. Going to the Kroger Parking lot, get my fire pit, built a fire make hot chocolate sit and watch people dash to the store to get the 3 gallons of milk for the 3 days of snow.

can you picture what will happen in this nation is there is a real state of emergency?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Although I got to admit, the snow would have really sucked if Seattle had won.....

Nov 2012
nirvana

Yep, SE Virginia here, we're expecting 9-14 inches between now and overnight. Just left a huge grocery store with nothing on the shelves. People were actually fighting over bread and milk. It was worse than a Black Friday sale. In all my years, during even the worst winter weather events possible, there has never been a situation in which the roads were not cleared within 24-48 hours, and the stores completely restocked. Now let a hurricane come up the coast, no problem. Go figure.

May 2013
arkansas
That is one of my greatest winter sports events.. Going to the Kroger Parking lot, get my fire pit, built a fire make hot chocolate sit and watch people dash to the store to get the 3 gallons of milk for the 3 days of snow.

can you picture what will happen in this nation is there is a real state of emergency?
I think it harkens (yes, I said 'harkens') back to the siege days of Atlanta when the Yankees were breathing down the necks of the 'good southern people'.

Gotta have something to get riled up about. :lol:

May 2013
arkansas
Yep, SE Virginia here, we're expecting 9-14 inches between now and overnight. Just left a huge grocery store with nothing on the shelves. People were actually fighting over bread and milk. It was worse than a Black Friday sale. In all my years, during even the worst winter weather events possible, there has never been a situation in which the roads were not cleared within 24-48 hours, and the stores completely restocked. Now let a hurricane come up the coast, no problem. Go figure.
We get tornadoes here. We pretty much ignore them. SNOW though....."well that just ain't southern!"