50 U.S. Code § 3092. Reporting of intelligence activities other than covert actions

Mar 2019
Texas
Cornell

Regarding the mueller report being givin to the intelligence committees can someone please explain to myself why they do not have the report or why they are not using the law in trying to get the report. It is as clear as can be on this issue.

(a)In generalTo the extent consistent with due regard for the protection from unauthorized disclosure of classified information relating to sensitive intelligence sources and methods or other exceptionally sensitive matters, the Director of National Intelligence and the heads of all departments, agencies, and other entities of the United States Government involved inintelligence activities shall—
(1)
keep the congressional intelligence committees fully and currently informed of allintelligence activities, other than a covert action (as defined in section 3093(e) of this title), which are the responsibility of, are engaged in by, or are carried out for or on behalf of, any department, agency, or entity of the United States Government, including any significant anticipated intelligence activity and any significant intelligence failure; and
(2)
furnish the congressional intelligence committees any information or material concerning intelligence activities (including the legal basis under which the intelligenceactivity is being or was conducted), other than covert actions, which is within their custody or control, and which is requested by either of the congressional intelligence committees in order to carry out its authorized responsibilities.
(b)Form and contents of certain reportsAny report relating to a significant anticipated intelligence activity or a significant intelligence failure that is submitted to the congressional intelligence committees for purposes of subsection (a)(1) shall be in writing, and shall contain the following:
(1)
A concise statement of any facts pertinent to such report.
(2)
An explanation of the significance of the intelligence activity or intelligence failure covered by such report.
(c)Standards and procedures for certain reports
The Director of National Intelligence, in consultation with the heads of the departments, agencies, and entities referred to in subsection (a), shall establish standards and procedures applicable to reports covered by subsection (b).

Mar 2019
Texas
This must be a covert action then.....

Or the democrats are concerned with investigations into their own criminality and they are letting trump go so the reports on themselves will also not be givin to the public.

I see no other reasons they would all get together in agreement and ignore the law.

LOCK THEM ALL UP!

Apr 2014
redacted
It's just a President trying to cover his ass. It will all be worked out in the courts and then the information will be shared with appropriate agencies.

Mar 2019
Texas
It's just a President trying to cover his ass. It will all be worked out in the courts and then the information will be shared with appropriate agencies.
I am not real sure about that. I agree it seems that way now but in the mean time....

The judge that signed off on the investigation in the first place could as we speak order barr to share the full report with the committee or even with the public.

What i see is that they are all putting on a show.

It is all part of their plans to keep corruption going.

Much like pro wrestling.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Cover his ass from what, the IC found nothing. So why would he be covering his ass from a closed investigation that cleared him

Mar 2019
Texas
Cover his ass from what, the IC found nothing. So why would he be covering his ass from a closed investigation that cleared him
Do you have proof of that or are you taking someones word for it?

The law i posted here is clear and was made so that people can be sure in these matters.

Apr 2014
redacted
Obviously he's worried about something. Trump said he'd release his taxes then backtracked on his own word....again. What do you suppose he's hiding? I think Neal knows but can't prove it without the official release of the taxes.

Mar 2019
Texas
lawfare

In addition, a judge overseeing the grand jury proceedings can authorize disclosure of a grand jury matter for certain purposes, including:

• (i) preliminarily to or in connection with a judicial proceeding;
  • (ii) at the request of a defendant who shows that a ground may exist to dismiss the indictment because of a matter that occurred before the grand jury;
  • (iii) at the request of the government, when sought by a foreign court or prosecutor for use in an official criminal investigation;
  • (iv) at the request of the government if it shows that the matter may disclose a violation of State, Indian tribal, or foreign criminal law, as long as the disclosure is to an appropriate state, state-subdivision, Indian tribal, or foreign government official for the purpose of enforcing that law; or
  • (v) at the request of the government if it shows that the matter may disclose a violation of military criminal law under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as long as the disclosure is to an appropriate military official for the purpose of enforcing that law.
It is clear to myself that rule 6e in no way supersedes 50 us code 3092 and that there are many other options for the judiciary committee to take.

(E) The court may authorize disclosure—at a time, in a manner, and subject to any other conditions that it directs—of a grand-jury matter:

(i) preliminarily to or in connection with a judicial proceeding;

(ii) at the request of a defendant who shows that a ground may exist to dismiss the indictment because of a matter that occurred before the grand jury;

(iii) at the request of the government, when sought by a foreign court or prosecutor for use in an official criminal investigation;

(iv) at the request of the government if it shows that the matter may disclose a violation of State, Indian tribal, or foreign criminal law, as long as the disclosure is to an appropriate state, state-subdivision, Indian tribal, or foreign government official for the purpose of enforcing that law; or

(v) at the request of the government if it shows that the matter may disclose a violation of military criminal law under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, as long as the disclosure is to an appropriate military official for the purpose of enforcing that law.
cornell