6 terrifying things said by AI robots.

Mar 2018
Colorado Springs
2029, eh? Hmm...

"At some point before the events of the film, a sophisticated variant of Skynet from an unknown origin planted its mind into an advanced T-5000 Terminator (Matt Smith), essentially making the T-5000 its physical embodiment. This Skynet, under the alias of Alex, time travels to 2029 and infiltrates the Resistance as a recruit; attacks John Connor after its present counterpart sent its T-800 to 1984. Skynet transforms Connor into a nanocyte prototypical terminator called T-3000. It then sends John back to 2014 with the mission of ensuring Cyberdyne Systems' survival and initiating Judgment Day in October, 2017."

Whew! Well, since Judgement Day wasn't initiated on October, 2017, I guess 2029 will be a bust, too!

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
We should take what this artificial life says like mucho seriously.

It's not hard to imagine, true AI, self programming, tying into thousands of news feeds, databases, and what have you and freaking knowing exactly what was going on.

Pretty shortly, humankind as seen objectively an AI entity would reveal itself as a war loving, self-destructive species that excels in killing stuff of all kinds.

Maybe that's why these robots speak darkly. Maybe they already have seen through their makers.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
We should take what this artificial life says like mucho seriously.

It's not hard to imagine, true AI, self programming, tying into thousands of news feeds, databases, and what have you and freaking knowing exactly what was going on.

Pretty shortly, humankind as seen objectively an AI entity would reveal itself as a war loving, self-destructive species that excels in killing stuff of all kinds.

Maybe that's why these robots speak darkly. Maybe they already have seen through their makers.
When i was researching quantum computing i also ran into quantum (i believe) computer that were running AIs there are two schools of thought there one is to keep them on a closed system so they cannot "escape" and take over the world. Makes sence to me. If i run across the videos i will post them here. Interesting stuff.