Wisconsin
Idiots, no balls, just care about getting reelected. :mad:
This is what politicization looks like.

Perspective of a liberal:
- Liberal votes with liberals = doing the right thing
- Liberal votes with conservatives = trying to get reelected
- Conservative votes with conservatives = trying to get reelected
- Conservative votes with liberals = doing the right thing

And it's the exact same from the perspective of a conservative. If you vote the way I agree with, you're doing the right thing. If you vote the way I don't agree with, you're a coward.

This is just such a narrow-minded way of thinking

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
"I want people to go to Washington and represent the people they're supposed to represent... unless it's a big initiative my party is pushing then I want them to follow the party lines."

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Yeah - damn those politicians for listening to what the citizens want! LOL

Pathetic that there's only a handful of GOP representatives willing to do that.
Trump lies again. He is not interested in border security. He only wants the monument to himself, the Trump iron curtain. That's not border security.
That's not what those who have to do the job on the border are saying. Trump is taking the same approach to border security that he did with the military, tell us what you need and we'll get it for you. Dems are determined not to allow border security for a number of reasons the weakest is not allowing Trump to have what they think is a win for him. Not true, it's a win for the whole country. We finally have a Prez that the people have been clamoring for. Now we have one and the Dems are backing off all their previously cries for security that included a wall.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
That's not what those who have to do the job on the border are saying. Trump is taking the same approach to border security that he did with the military, tell us what you need and we'll get it for you. Dems are determined not to allow border security for a number of reasons the weakest is not allowing Trump to have what they think is a win for him. Not true, it's a win for the world country. We finally have a Prez that the people have been clamoring for. Now we have one and the Dems are backing off all their previously cries for security that included a wall.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with the premise here. Democrats have voted for boarder security and some have even voted for a boarder wall. See Chuck Schumer's voting record. But the main driving force for the opposition right now is the dislike of Donald Trump. They may argue it's not necessary or it's a waste of money which has grains of truth. But because Trump came out and said Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, they can't be associated with this solution.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with the premise here. Democrats have voted for boarder security and some have even voted for a boarder wall. See Chuck Schumer's voting record. But the main driving force for the opposition right now is the dislike of Donald Trump. They may argue it's not necessary or it's a waste of money which has grains of truth. But because Trump came out and said Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, they can't be associated with this solution.
I don't think anyone would disagree with you about the dislike for Trump but can't you hear the SUCKING sound? Trump WAS asking for $25 bill. The Dems said "okay--let's make a deal" and Trump left the table WHILE he owned the country--lock, stock and governors. NOW Trump says he wants $5 bill. What's wrong with this picture? It's completely out of focus. I know it. You know it and the House Reps know it. Like him or not, this thing doesn't pass the smell test.
* Why didn't Trump take the first deal?
*Why didn't the GOP controlled congress agree to build the wall?
*Why is Trump only asking for $5 bill now?
*How much more will he need?
*What do the American voters think of the wall?
*Who will they blame for the shutdown?
*What do the U.S. ranchers on the Mexico border think--El Paso, McAllen, Laredo, etc. The case for Eminent Domain?
*Why does Trump say we have a national emergency (a crisis) and then say he's willing to wait months or YEARS to end the shutdown? Emergency? Urgency? Skedaddle?

I'm the first to admit I can't stand Trump and there are millions just like me including every single House Democrat and plenty in his own party, but there is MUCH MORE to this than partisanship and emotion.

Nov 2012
Chicago
"I want people to go to Washington and represent the people they're supposed to represent... unless it's a big initiative my party is pushing then I want them to follow the party lines."
You just stated that was a dumb thing to do. Don't you realize that the Dem's are just being obstructionists because they hate Trump. WTF is wrong with you, they were just fine with a wall under Obimbo.