A bit of an impeachment tangent ...

Dec 2018
New England
All the dealings over the potential impeachment of Trump understandably revive stories about Bill Clinton's impeachment, but after all these years I have to say I'm impressed with the staying power of the pro-Clinton narrative that it was "all about sex." 20 years on, liberals and the left-leaning media still do not understand what Bill Clinton did wrong. If asked why Bill Clinton was impeached these folks will likely say something like "he was impeached for having an affair with Monica Lewinsky" or if they're really in a mood it will be something like "He was impeached for getting a blow job."

Sorry kids, no. Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, suborning perjury, and obstruction of justice in a sexual harassment civil case in which he was the defendant. The (ahem) stroke of political genius was to get the press to refer to the entire episode as "the Lewinsky scandal." It is far more accurate to call it the "Corbin-Jones Scandal," and especially so now that we're in the "#MeToo Era."

Having the scandal named after the woman Clinton consensually sodomized rather than the one he sexually harassed confounds the left to this day.

Reactions: webguy4 and Gdjjr
Apr 2015
Stockport, Cheshire. UK
Which is worst, lying about a consensusal sex act with a willing adult female, or betraying your country by asking a foreign country to involve itself in it's election campaigns ?

Last edited:
May 2018
USA
Which is worst lying about a consensusal sex act with a willing adult female, or betraying your country by asking a foreign country to involve itself in US election campaigns ?[
Lying about a BJ! Treason is just a natural part of business as usual for the rightwing. Is there a treason they can't get behind? Half the wingers in this country were jumping for joy after their hero, Tim McVeigh, bombed the Murray Building in OKC. The wingers were rooting for the secessionist Bundy clan on multiple occasions, nevermind Bundy says the USA isn't a legit country and has no say over what he does. The wingers are proud of Mitch McConnell, who has refused to allow election security bills from the House to even get a vote on the floor, thereby encouraging Moscow's interference in ANOTHER election. Now they are proud of Donald Trump, who has carried their torch of treason into the next generation. Hallelujah!

Dec 2018
New England
Which is worst, lying about a consensusal sex act with a willing adult female, or betraying your country by asking a foreign country to involve itself in it's election campaigns ?
Amazing. Here we have another saying the Clinton's failing was lying about sex. It's like they can't help themselves.

FWIW, I think a President, who is our chief law enforcer, using the power of his office to subvert a judicial proceeding is a serious offence. I also think that fact about Bill Clinton is worse than the still-to-be-proven accusation you're making here.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Lying about a BJ! Treason is just a natural part of business as usual for the rightwing. Is there a treason they can't get behind? Half the wingers in this country were jumping for joy after their hero, Tim McVeigh, bombed the Murray Building in OKC. The wingers were rooting for the secessionist Bundy clan on multiple occasions, nevermind Bundy says the USA isn't a legit country and has no say over what he does. The wingers are proud of Mitch McConnell, who has refused to allow election security bills from the House to even get a vote on the floor, thereby encouraging Moscow's interference in ANOTHER election. Now they are proud of Donald Trump, who has carried their torch of treason into the next generation. Hallelujah!
Please present proof of your allegations.
BTW I've never heard of the Murray building.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gdjjr
May 2019
California
All the dealings over the potential impeachment of Trump understandably revive stories about Bill Clinton's impeachment, but after all these years I have to say I'm impressed with the staying power of the pro-Clinton narrative that it was "all about sex." 20 years on, liberals and the left-leaning media still do not understand what Bill Clinton did wrong. If asked why Bill Clinton was impeached these folks will likely say something like "he was impeached for having an affair with Monica Lewinsky" or if they're really in a mood it will be something like "He was impeached for getting a blow job."

Sorry kids, no. Bill Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, suborning perjury, and obstruction of justice in a sexual harassment civil case in which he was the defendant. The (ahem) stroke of political genius was to get the press to refer to the entire episode as "the Lewinsky scandal." It is far more accurate to call it the "Corbin-Jones Scandal," and especially so now that we're in the "#MeToo Era."

Having the scandal named after the woman Clinton consensually sodomized rather than the one he sexually harassed confounds the left to this day.
Odd to watch you constantly compelled to lie about what liberals and/or the media understand.
It's an odd pathology that you should consider getting help for.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
May 2019
California
Amazing. Here we have another saying the Clinton's failing was lying about sex. It's like they can't help themselves.

FWIW, I think a President, who is our chief law enforcer, using the power of his office to subvert a judicial proceeding is a serious offence. I also think that fact about Bill Clinton is worse than the still-to-be-proven accusation you're making here.
Ah, yet more delusional babbling.
No, the AG is the nation's top LE, not the POTUS.
You seem really easily confused by all this.