A Brokered Democratic Convention?

Dec 2018
New England
some of the so far viable candidates dont have a chance in hell of doing well in Super Tuesday, where over 1/3 of the delegates will be awarded. right now, only around 2% of the delegates have been awarded. ffs, this is just ridiculous....
That might be true of Klobuchar, but Sanders, Warren, Biden, Butitigieg, and Bloomberg all have the money and the organizations to go beyond Super Tuesday.

ffs*

(* for facts’ sake)

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Super Tuesday will send some candidates packing.
It is highly unlikely that the big 4 will get 25% each, one or two will do much better than the rest, and several will fall behind so far that their campaigns will end, because their donors will move on.
That's what is supposed to happen.
I like Elizabeth Warren, but unless she has a great super Tuesday, I'll be switching my focus.
We know someone here who will back Tulsi Gabbard until the end, and then vote for Willie Nelson.
Or maybe he'll write in "Gabbard" in every election he votes in for every office.....for the rest of his life.

Sep 2019
Here
I like Elizabeth Warren, but unless she has a great super Tuesday, I'll be switching my focus.
We know someone here who will back Tulsi Gabbard until the end, and then vote for Willie Nelson.
Or maybe he'll write in "Gabbard" in every election he votes in for every office.....for the rest of his life.
You know what really sucks?

If/when Tulsi drops out of the race, I'll still be here pushing what she stands for. And I'll still be just as anti war as I am today.
Why? Because that's what I stand for. Not so much Tulsi.

Imagine, if you will. Having a set of beliefs and then wrapping your support around a candidate that actually has those same beliefs, and not having to use some stupid excuse, like "chances of winning or lesser of two evils" to support that candidate.
I did that with Gary Johnson. But I won't do it again.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
That might be true of Klobuchar, but Sanders, Warren, Biden, Butitigieg, and Bloomberg all have the money and the organizations to go beyond Super Tuesday.

ffs*

(* for facts’ sake)
of course they do lol

the question is, ffs*, how many of those listed qualify for delegates in the districts on Super Tuesday?

wasting time in corn fields or the Granite State doesnt say anything about how this will end when none of the many still viable campaigns cannot deliver the knockout blow. Super Tuesday will, regardless of whether or not a campaign wants to go all the way to the end. Howard Dean's campaign kept going after he got robbed by BS artist John Kerry. having the money and organizations to keep going when it is over means nothing.

* your ffs or mine, both work there...

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
You know what really sucks?

If/when Tulsi drops out of the race, I'll still be here pushing what she stands for. And I'll still be just as anti war as I am today.
Why? Because that's what I stand for. Not so much Tulsi.

Imagine, if you will. Having a set of beliefs and then wrapping your support around a candidate that actually has those same beliefs, and not having to use some stupid excuse, like "chances of winning or lesser of two evils" to support that candidate.
I did that with Gary Johnson. But I won't do it again.
Willie's okay with voting against the clowns in office. You should listen to the commi you voted for.

Dec 2018
New England
of course they do lol

the question is, ffs*, how many of those listed qualify for delegates in the districts on Super Tuesday?

wasting time in corn fields or the Granite State doesnt say anything about how this will end when none of the many still viable campaigns cannot deliver the knockout blow. Super Tuesday will, regardless of whether or not a campaign wants to go all the way to the end. Howard Dean's campaign kept going after he got robbed by BS artist John Kerry. having the money and organizations to keep going when it is over means nothing.

* your ffs or mine, both work there...
With the understating this campaign, like most of them, can go in any direction after just two contests, saying Iowa and NH don’t really matter is just ignoring history. As I cited earlier in the week, since 1976 no candidate, save Bill Clinton, in either party, has gone on to win his or her party’s nomination without winning at least Iowa or NH. The momentum from wining — or the momentum killer from losing — matters.

Look closely at the attached 14d RCP polll average graph and the trends for Warren and Biden, the recent consensus big losers; no matter what happens from this point forward, how can anyone say Iowa and NH did not matter this year?

Attachments

Sep 2015
Stage Left
With the understating this campaign, like most of them, can go in any direction after just two contests, saying Iowa and NH don’t really matter is just ignoring history. As I cited earlier in the week, since 1976 no candidate, save Bill Clinton, in either party, has gone on to win his or her party’s nomination without winning at least Iowa or NH. The momentum from wining — or the momentum killer from losing — matters.

Look closely at the attached 14d RCP polll average graph and the trends for Warren and Biden, the recent consensus big losers; no matter what happens from this point forward, how can anyone say Iowa and NH did not matter this year?
lol because anyone who is actually paying attention knows this isnt like any of those other years. i have said this a lot, and i will again a bit louder for those in the back of the room not paying attention....

this year is diff because there are a lot of viable candidates still, nobody has delivered the big knockout punch in the first two states. we that understand these things also know that if nobody does knock down the others in IA and NH, Super Tuesday can turn everything.

the ones still very viable for Super Tuesday include those you seem to call "consensus big losers" which i will agree with Biden but he still has sway. EW is far from finished and one of only 3 that are really looking to score big in TX, CA, MN and the other states in 3 March.

omg idk why i have to keep repeating the same things, but please mansplain it all to me again :vomit: :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jul 2018
Earth
NV, VA, MN... And I'm still skeptical on this one, but maybe Illinois. Only because I know few people who live there. Life long democrats until the last few years. According them (and only them) they don't like their Democrat state leadership. Being life long dem's, I can't see why they'd change unless they had a good reason.
Okay, NV, VA, and MN represents a loss of 29 votes. Florida and Texas would give the Dem 67 votes for a total of 270 votes and the Presidency. I doubt Illinois will flip but New Hampshire might so the Dem will have to pick up another State for insurance. North Carolina is feasible.

Dec 2016
Canada
I think you make a good point. I could see it approaching the convention and having 4 competitive candidates.
And this is exactly what the DNC had in mind to stop Sanders from winning. If no candidate can win a majority, then it will be decided at the convention..........Oh Hillary, are you ready for a rerun of 2016?