A Climate (Alarmist) Must Read

Nov 2019
Upstate NY
Climate change is a myth invented by democrats (of course) and perfected by Barack Obama.

It's primary purpose was to hobble the American economy - effectively destroying our energy sector and limiting our growth.

If you believe in climate change you really have gone off the deep end.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Climate change is a myth invented by democrats (of course) and perfected by Barack Obama.

It's primary purpose was to hobble the American economy - effectively destroying our energy sector and limiting our growth.

If you believe in climate change you really have gone off the deep end.
Ah yes, who can forget how much and how loudly Obama opposed the shale oil boom?

Dec 2018
New England
That is, it is likely always the best idea to refer to the closest to the original source research material possible whenever discussing matters of science, rather than fully relying on whatever someone said about said research.
I agree, but that's not what the article is really about. It's the secondary hyperbole around the science that is being (IMO) rightly criticized. If the case for the more severe predictions of climate change effect is that strong then no one should have to lie about it -- and yet so many in the media and Washington do.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I agree, but that's not what the article is really about. It's the secondary hyperbole around the science that is being (IMO) rightly criticized. If the case for the more severe predictions of climate change effect is that strong then no one should have to lie about it -- and yet so many in the media and Washington do.
But you do agree that the average annual temperature is steadily rising, right? (See post # 17)

Last edited:
Dec 2018
New England
Would you also agree the result of this warming if it continues on the observed course would be detrimental to human civilization?
No, I would not. The earth's climate has been warming and cooling during our species' entire time on the planet. We are a remarkably adaptive lot.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
No, I would not. The earth's climate has been warming and cooling during our species' entire time on the planet. We are a remarkably adaptive lot.
Ah, a favorite refrain of every denier.

Let 99% of humanity adapt so the fossil fuel industry can continue to make increasing profits annually.

Last edited: