A Climate (Alarmist) Must Read

Dec 2015
Arizona
The favorite tactic of the alarmist: a charge of climate heresy.
For the moment, let's say you are right and the scientists are wrong. Shouldn't we proceed with caution rather than abandonment? Shouldn't we make environmental changes? Shouldn't we be actively vigilant--guarded--prepared?
Take precautionary steps to avoid the "possible" OR the possibly inevitable?
What if you are wrong?

Reactions: Rescue Basket
Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
I have yet to see a climate denier on DTT refute this: Increasing the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide results in more absorption of infrared radiation.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2018
New England
I have yet to see a climate denier on DTT refute this: Increasing the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide results in more absorption of infrared radiation.
Straw-man alert.

The questions come in on the (no pun intended) degree of effect that absorption has.

Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
Straw-man alert.

The questions come in on the ... degree of effect that absorption has.
FYI:
... Globally, the researchers saw an average temperature increase of 1.7 ±0.4°C per trillion tonnes of carbon in CO2 emissions (TtC), which is consistent with reports from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. ...

Jun 2018
South Dakota
After all te whining and hand wringing over Trump playing golf we now have this little vacation the Dems are slathering on themselves during the recess. To Madrid no less! If the world is heating up so drastically why not Nome or Murmansk where the palm should be sprouting soon. 15 of the loony bins finest (5 from Calif) and their unknown number of klingons spewing tons of carbon into the stratosphere to get to a pointless gathering of irrelevant people. Oh well, they'll at least get a few day around the pool on the taxpayers dime.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Yes, I'm aware of the fossil fuel industry's strategy: cast doubt on the peer reviewed consensus, but sometimes it backfires:

It was noted in an obscure oilfield newsletter I get via email that it appears that David Koch was the big denier and super-Republican. Since he died, his brother Charles who is now effectively the big boss is different. On top of everything else, Koch Industries are actively developing green energy now.

And I keep seeing other evidence that this appears to be correct.

This is no longer the Koch brothers you have known and hated.

Reactions: Rescue Basket