A Different Reality.

Jul 2019
Georgia
his tweets are his primary way of communicating with the American public, unfortunately

hate the Democrats
hate the immigrants
hate the media

remember, trump's not stupid, but he sure knows what stupid people want to hear

guy's got his base roped, that's for sure

Feb 2019
nunya
1) Did both Mueller and Barr come to the same conclusion "together", that there was insufficient evidence!
2) Your second remark is not worthy of discussion.
3) That is not what Trump was referring to. Read his entire statement.
4) No, he did not praise Nazi's or any other supremacist group. He was talking about the people who were there only to protect their history. To suggest any more than that is ridiculous.
5) The Democrats that voted for Trump, are they KKK as well?
1. That doesn't make sense. He is the attorney general, not the special counsel.
2.ok
3. That is exactly what he was referring to and I did read his entire "statement" which was more of a racist rant
4.Why would anyone want to protect a history of racism and intolerance?
5.Basically zero democrats voted for Trump, if they did, they ignored his support from David Duke and the KKK which is what this thread is about.

Reactions: se7en
Aug 2019
USA
his tweets are his primary way of communicating with the American public, unfortunately

hate the Democrats
hate the immigrants
hate the media

remember, trump's not stupid, but he sure knows what stupid people want to hear

guy's got his base roped, that's for sure
So is his base half of the voters? Because that is what it took to get elected.
Consider there are Republicans who said "Never Trump", there must be some Dems in there.

Two of his wives were foreign born, immigrants. Yea, he hates immigrants so much he marries them.
Have you heard, his Nazi urges causes him to hate Jews so much he marries them too.

"his real estate lawyer is Jewish, his house counsel is Jewish, his controller is Jewish, his chief of staff, chief financial officer, executive vice president, his first executive vice president – I was his litigator for 15 years,” Jay Goldberg, who worked for Trump from 1990 to 2005, said in an interview."

Here is what amazes me. A good Nazi that surrounds himself with with Jews, family members and advisors, has got to be flat out stupider than a door stop - yet even his most vile haters do not make that accusation.

You really do have some cognitive issues. You believe that tweets is his "primary way of communicating with the American public" - when most Americans never read an actual tweet. Oh, if one is in a news story, I may read one, but I have never in my life been to a twitter sight, and I am probably very typical of Trump supports. I would speculate that most of "his base" does not read twitter. So his primary way of communicating, ignores his base. Yeah, right.

When you are holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail. When you get your news from twitter, it is a primary source of POTUS communication.

Anyone who trusts the media to inform them is brain dead, but that is an improvement over twitter. For the record, you asked me to use twitter examples to show Dems are excessively hateful of others, so in your mind it is just more than Trump using twitter to communicate, you think his detractors do as well. That is a perverted view of reality.

Aug 2019
USA
1. That doesn't make sense. He is the attorney general, not the special counsel.
2.ok
3. That is exactly what he was referring to and I did read his entire "statement" which was more of a racist rant
5.Basically zero democrats voted for Trump, if they did, they ignored his support from David Duke and the KKK which is what this thread is about.
From CNBC: "Tuesday's presidential election resulted in a riveting series of surprises, as presumed Democratic strongholds including Wisconsin and Pennsylvania switched sides to propel Donald Trump to victory."

Democrats propelled Trump to victory.
Some important Republicans openly proclaimed they would never vote for Trump, and yet he won. Yes, no one supported Trump except a few bigots and racists, yet he won. Blame the Russians.

Jul 2019
Georgia
So is his base half of the voters? Because that is what it took to get elected.
No. Base are the people who still support him today, no matter what he says or does. And will continue to support him no matter what he says or does. A lot of people held their nose and voted for him because he was "not Hillary". There are plenty of people who voted for him who aren't very happy with him today.

I'd say maybe 15-20% of voters make up base (I may be underestimating, but that's just a guess)

maybe look at the "strongly approve" column on a poll for a better estimate

Edit: Gallup is telling me 29% at strongly approve, so we'll go with that percentage for Base (I'm kind of sad/surprised it's this high)

Trump Approval Remains in Low 40s

Two of his wives were foreign born, immigrants. Yea, he hates immigrants so much he marries them.
Have you heard, his Nazi urges causes him to hate Jews so much he marries them too.
speaking of Nazis, Hitler may have had Jewish ancestors, but that didn't stop him from hating the Jews. I guess I could have been more specific, but he's encouraging his base to hate immigrants coming in from the Southern border. I didn't even know he had 2 wives who were immigrants, whata freakin hypocrite

"his real estate lawyer is Jewish, his house counsel is Jewish, his controller is Jewish, his chief of staff, chief financial officer, executive vice president, his first executive vice president – I was his litigator for 15 years,” Jay Goldberg, who worked for Trump from 1990 to 2005, said in an interview."
I'm not sure I recall saying he hated Jews or encourages his base to hate Jews. This is kind of random

You really do have some cognitive issues. You believe that tweets is his "primary way of communicating with the American public" - when most Americans never read an actual tweet. Oh, if one is in a news story, I may read one, but I have never in my life been to a twitter sight, and I am probably very typical of Trump supports. I would speculate that most of "his base" does not read twitter. So his primary way of communicating, ignores his base. Yeah, right.
Not sure how I offended you so badly with that remark that you had to resort to a personal attack, but Twitter is his primary source of communication. He dictates foreign policy through twitter for pete's sake. It gets to you and the rest of base whether you read it directly from twitter or not.

enjoy

Trump Twitter Archive

Anyone who trusts the media to inform them is brain dead, but that is an improvement over twitter. For the record, you asked me to use twitter examples to show Dems are excessively hateful of others, so in your mind it is just more than Trump using twitter to communicate, you think his detractors do as well. That is a perverted view of reality.
fine, I'll accept any form of repeated communication to the public from one elected Democrat official at the Federal level which repeatedly bashes "the other" whether it be the press, minorities, immigrants, Republicans, whatever.

Last edited:
Feb 2019
nunya
From CNBC: "Tuesday's presidential election resulted in a riveting series of surprises, as presumed Democratic strongholds including Wisconsin and Pennsylvania switched sides to propel Donald Trump to victory."

Democrats propelled Trump to victory.
Some important Republicans openly proclaimed they would never vote for Trump, and yet he won. Yes, no one supported Trump except a few bigots and racists, yet he won. Blame the Russians.
The people who voted for him were not republicans. They were changed by misinformation and Hillary's demeanor. You also didn't address any of my previous points.

Oh, and we CAN blame the Russians because they DID hack the election.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
ah, here's an example of the conservative 2016 Trump voters who are not considered "base"

I know a few personally as well. I've never disliked the conservative voter, and the thing is trump's not a conservative, so I can keep saying that

hopefully there are more out there like these people who seem to have a grasp on reality
(seems Dad isn't quite there on the reality spectrum yet)

Last edited:
Dec 2012
California
2.ok
No, you read into Trump's remarks what you wanted. Barr and Mueller went over the issue of obstruction together and came to the conclusion that there was not enough evidence to proceed. Zero democrats voted for Trump?

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I see Trump supporters no different from religious people. They think just having faith is good enough. NO facts needed to believe in religion, in fact, you actually ignore a lot of facts. Right wing media has used that so that over time, they convince the people anything they don't want to be true is fake and biased. It basically comes down to propaganda. Fox news has done this for years, the internet allows even more ability to propagandize, lie, etc. And even conservatives groups lik Sinclair have bought up most local news stations and flood the people with right wing propaganda. And then these people tend to live secluded lives surrounded only by like minded people so they all blow smoke up each other's asses and confirm their biases and propaganda with each other