Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
How about if you have prices determined by a market BUT there are no artificial corporate citizens/instead large industries or businesses are turned into worker cooperatives where the employees can decide what to do with the surplus value of their work/instead of having it all hoovered up by shareholders.
How would you go about achieving and maintaining that system?

IMO the main issue is government interference and to achieve that you would need to confiscate the means of production by force and continuously use that force in order to keep the means of production running that way. This would require a strong state and lots and lots of government intervention. Right now we just have fascism light and have for decades. But i could be just not seeing it n

Jul 2015
chicago
And how exactly do the heirs of the Walton(Walmart)fortune EARN their money?
What I am saying is its not my business what an owner of a football team pays a player. Its also not my business what a person gets from a a parent when the parent dies. You are clearly bothered by someone inheriting money. Probably all of your feelings can be summed up by one word. Jealousy.

Jul 2015
chicago
Which is what I propose we do with Bezos, Gates, Zuckerberg, Buffet etc....before any of them(most likely Bezos) is able to steal his way to trillionaire status!

Besides, even in your hypothetical example of that enterprizing small business owner, once he starts hiring his first employees, he is on the path to accumulating wealth through the surplus value of the work provided by those employees....end of story!
So an employer needs to pay an amount of money to an employee such that there is no profit in the business? otherwise he is stealing?

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
So an employer needs to pay an amount of money to an employee such that there is no profit in the business? otherwise he is stealing?
Who claimed that "an employer NEEDS to pay an amount od money to an employee such as there's NO profit in the business?" Other than you I mean.
Where do you come up with that???

Aug 2017
Bakersfield
?? Are you Nomenclature? Or rather what seems more likely to me is that you googled xMathFanx, found my account on CreateDebate, and jumped at the first seemingly negative indictment you were able to find. I would encourage any member to look this up in its context and read what the member Nomenclature was in fact arguing for as I stand by all of my positions from that exchange (and would provide links to this effect if anyone wanted to investigate this matter for themselves). Note, Nomenclature's reputation on CreateDebate is lower the bottom of a trash dump..

Pathetic..
The context is you and your opinion of yourself. You're a 25 year old kid who has as of yet done nothing but go to school and yet you think you know everything.

Aug 2017
Bakersfield
How about if you have prices determined by a market BUT there are no artificial corporate citizens/instead large industries or businesses are turned into worker cooperatives where the employees can decide what to do with the surplus value of their work/instead of having it all hoovered up by shareholders.
Worker's of the World unite komrade.

Jul 2015
chicago
Who claimed that "an employer NEEDS to pay an amount od money to an employee such as there's NO profit in the business?" Other than you I mean.
Where do you come up with that???
he claimed it. He said rich people "steal" to become rich by taking the excess value from the workers he employs. So he would be advocating the only fair thing to do is not have profit otherwise they would be "stealing".

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
he claimed it. He said rich people "steal" to become rich by taking the excess value from the workers he employs. So he would be advocating the only fair thing to do is not have profit otherwise they would be "stealing".
You are seriously so clueless as to think he believes the employer should make NO PROFITS??? Did you or did you not use the term "NO PROFIT" in your post?
I get so tired of you people "pretending" to be as dumb as houseplants.

Aug 2017
Bakersfield
You are seriously so clueless as to think he believes the employer should make NO PROFITS??? Did you or did you not use the term "NO PROFIT" in your post?
I get so tired of you people "pretending" to be as dumb as houseplants.
Originally Posted by right to left View Post

It's ok, we get tired of you being stupid.