A majority believes the Mueller investigation was politically motivated

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Since when did you start believing in polls and reports by the MSM?....or do you just cherry-pick and believe what agrees with you.....AKA confirmation bias?
Just responding to anything negative that's posted by the loony bin.
Judging from the lack of lefties participating they don'tseemto havea real response. Judging from your 5 min or less responses to most of my posts I take it that it's your turn to get the alerts to any post I make. Who's got me tomorrow?

Apr 2014
redacted
Just responding to anything negative that's posted by the loony bin.
Judging from the lack of lefties participating they don'tseemto havea real response. Judging from your 5 min or less responses to most of my posts I take it that it's your turn to get the alerts to any post I make. Who's got me tomorrow?
The NSA network is monitoring all of your posts along with your phones, televisions and other electronic devices you happen to be near. Dude, you really should put on a second layer of aluminum foil.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Perhaps you have not read your article, C-II:

69% of Republicans were pleased by a "politically motivated" investigation
34%, only, think it cleared Trump
10% think the investigation was conducted unfairly
Do you think it was politically motivated?
Republicans believe that the investigation that was "politically motivated" by the Democrats outcome was "pleasing".
The other nifty thing in the poll is the way the independents are acting.
Not good for the Dems as they continue to beat on their dead donkey.
Two-thirds of Democrats think their party in Congress should continue to investigate the Russia matter. Most Americans overall, including nine in ten Republicans and most independents, think congressional Democrats should drop the matter and move on to other issues.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Do you think it was politically motivated?
Republicans believe that the investigation that was "politically motivated" by the Democrats outcome was "pleasing".
The other nifty thing in the poll is the way the independents are acting.
Not good for the Dems as they continue to beat on their dead donkey.
Two-thirds of Democrats think their party in Congress should continue to investigate the Russia matter. Most Americans overall, including nine in ten Republicans and most independents, think congressional Democrats should drop the matter and move on to other issues.
I think you should address your misrepresentation of the poll you posted.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I am always curious how all these Republican-Trumpists resolve their dislike of the Trump investigation with their probable support for the nearly endless Clinton-Benghazi investigation, not to mention the relentless Trump complaints about Obama's birth certificate. Just curious.

Panther

Forum Staff
Jul 2013
North Texas
I am always curious how all these Republican-Trumpists resolve their dislike of the Trump investigation with their probable support for the nearly endless Clinton-Benghazi investigation, not to mention the relentless Trump complaints about Obama's birth certificate. Just curious.
Partisan crap like that always reminds me of the Stones song, " Can't always get what you want".

The beginning of the optimistic desire (an investigation), the long drawn out burnout of cynicism (nothing of note being found) but unlike the song, no resolution of a need.

We just repeat political steps one and two expecting different outcomes against major figures, by anyone in particular, for those in whom they hate with an unhealthy obsession.

Just more proof (as if I need it) that we are going through an insane period in this country.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
It may not be the times so much as a certain collision of forces that have always been present. There were literally physical fights and assaults in the House and Senate slightly more than 100 years ago. There is a sense that the politics these days resemble the regional hostility that centered on slavery, of course.

That fundamental conflict between populist and parochial interests against centralized social values may never be resolved so long as there is large geographical interests in conflict with worsening wealth disparity broadly.

The primary conflict today is between "individual rights" and social solutions to community problems. There is no logical reason why there should be a social value to a "right to bad healthcare", "a right to firearms for mass murder owned by private individuals", a "right to be poisoned by water, air, or soil", a "right to be confined to a slum or ghetto", "a right to bad schools and diminished opportunities" or "a right to express religion by discrimination against those of another faith or gender orientation" .