A question for pro-lifers on abortions and escaping eternal hell.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Some Christians believe in eternal hell. Moreover, they believe that most of humankind is destined for eternal hell.

I hope that even those of this opinion would agree that a God who'd create an eternal hell and then send the majority of those He created to it, would not send the soul of the person that they believe is present beginning at conception to eternal hell.

The aborted unborn goes to heaven. If the unborn is born, the odds of him or her making it to heaven are dim.

So, an aborted person's soul beats the odds, and escapes eternal hell. One could say, this soul was saved by abortion.

What's the problem here?

Mar 2019
Texas
Most of the current understanding of life and the bible is skewed.

One thing to keep in mind is suffering and curses. Bearing children is a curse. Many fundies believe in getting the most out of suffering and that God is behind it all. They believe abortion is a cop out.

It is a narrow view and gives no credit to God touching our lives through people.

The biggest clue i could give is that it is all happening everyday right in front of our eyes when it comes to going to heaven and hell and spirits and souls and such. Suffering is the key to better days.

One could better understand this all if the peeps at cern explained it.

Feb 2019
here and there
Some Christians believe in eternal hell. Moreover, they believe that most of humankind is destined for eternal hell.

I hope that even those of this opinion would agree that a God who'd create an eternal hell and then send the majority of those He created to it, would not send the soul of the person that they believe is present beginning at conception to eternal hell.

The aborted unborn goes to heaven. If the unborn is born, the odds of him or her making it to heaven are dim.

So, an aborted person's soul beats the odds, and escapes eternal hell. One could say, this soul was saved by abortion.

What's the problem here?
I think the idea is to live your life in a Christ like way and let God decide who lives or dies and who is given salvation and who is not.

But alas, you Progressives know better. Not only will you decide that you know who should live and die, you profess to know the judgements of God in the next life.

I guess it suits you running health care then. You know everything and will decide who is wroth trying to save.

Where does such self righteous arrogance come from I wonder?

RNG

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Actually, if you believe in the doctrine of original sin, the fetus hasn't accepted baby jesus as it's savior so it too is doomed to eternity in hell.

Is there a massive amniotic fluid pool they are put into where they receive their torture?

Mar 2019
Texas
Actually, if you believe in the doctrine of original sin, the fetus hasn't accepted baby jesus as it's savior so it too is doomed to eternity in hell.

Is there a massive amniotic fluid pool they are put into where they receive their torture?
Only if reincarnation is not real. There is nothing in the bible that says we are not reincarnated.

It only says that we live once in this body. In other words this body can be replaced but the energy remains.

Jun 2018
Toronto
Religion is stupid ergo abort away no matter what. Strawman or something like that was called was it?

Just noticing you won the abortion lottery and just like me you are here to enjoy the thrill of posting to this riveting forum.

But here is my question. If the argument is that the unborn people don't feel pain and suffering while being aborted, then what is stopping you from killing asleep or otherwise unconscious people? You just have to do it quickly enough I presume.

Reactions: Neil

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I think the idea is to live your life in a Christ like way and let God decide who lives or dies and who is given salvation and who is not.

But alas, you Progressives know better. Not only will you decide that you know who should live and die, you profess to know the judgements of God in the next life.

I guess it suits you running health care then. You know everything and will decide who is wroth trying to save.

Where does such self righteous arrogance come from I wonder?
That's a question you need to put to yourself.

I presented a view, based entirely on evangelical beliefs, and asked people to comment.

Thanks for your comment.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Religion is stupid ergo abort away no matter what. Strawman or something like that was called was it?

Just noticing you won the abortion lottery and just like me you are here to enjoy the thrill of posting to this riveting forum.

But here is my question. If the argument is that the unborn people don't feel pain and suffering while being aborted, then what is stopping you from killing asleep or otherwise unconscious people? You just have to do it quickly enough I presume.
Please take that question to another thread as it has no reason to be here. Thanks.

Reactions: LTP