About Liz Warren's Medicare for All Plan

Dec 2015
Arizona
The most puzzling and bizarre aspect of American politics has been the alliance between poor/middle class whites and plutocrats promoting "right to work", "free market capitalism", immigrants as chattel, opposition to minimum wage laws, "patriot" sacrifice in foreign wars and opposition to social benefit programs.
No matter how low someone is on the food chain, there's always someone lower. No matter how uneducated someone is there's always someone with LESS education. These folks find POWER seducing. They've probably been raised by authoritarian figures, in zealously Christian environments. Social programs are "NOT FAIR" and Liberals support those social programs.
It makes no sense at all, but we see them right here on DTT every day: Angry, uneducated, resentful.

Aug 2018
been around
You guys act like there's a screaming emergency and everything's about to blow up (same approach as 'climate change') - when I'll bet each and every one of you have no problem getting to see a doctor, or with quality of care...and now you want to f**k it up.
"It has to be changed drastically and taken over by the government" - ffs. If ever there's a recipe for disaster, that's it.
But bull ahead is all you know, if you get the chance you'll lead us right off the cliff.

It's like some group of people are just pulling your strings and you're the marionettes.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
You guys act like there's a screaming emergency and everything's about to blow up (same approach as 'climate change') - when I'll bet each and every one of you have no problem getting to see a doctor, or with quality of care...and now you want to f**k it up.
"It has to be changed drastically and taken over by the government" - ffs. If ever there's a recipe for disaster, that's it.
But bull ahead is all you know, if you get the chance you'll lead us right off the cliff.

It's like some group of people are just pulling your strings and you're the marionettes.
There definitely is political manipulation and a puppet master, but he is not manipulating Liberals.

Early Trump rally:

Jul 2019
Georgia

Actually I’m doing alright with ACA, but I’m in decent health now, and only have been to the doctor twice this year.

Which kinda means I’m paying too much for insurance - - - - a couple grand + in premiums, this year alone, and barely used it,

I mean it's affordable, but what exactly is my money going to if it's not going to my personal healthcare?

it sure would be nice to save some of that money, but then I’d feel so guilty for robbing the billionaires :(

Total catch-22

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2012
nirvana
No matter how low someone is on the food chain, there's always someone lower. No matter how uneducated someone is there's always someone with LESS education. These folks find POWER seducing. They've probably been raised by authoritarian figures, in zealously Christian environments. Social programs are "NOT FAIR" and Liberals support those social programs.
It makes no sense at all, but we see them right here on DTT every day: Angry, uneducated, resentful.
1573006949839.png

Dec 2015
Arizona

AND we've just circled back to this: Your party promised a better healthcare plan. Here are Trump's words: No one will lose coverage. There will be insurance for everybody. Healthcare will be a “lot less expensive” for everyone — the government, consumers, providers. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” More recently, Trump has promised that repeal will end with “a beautiful picture.
Trump promised a "phenomenal" healthcare plan. His words.

So for two years, Trump and his party (your party) owned this country--lock, stock and legislation---and what happened?
Did you say "NOTHING"? Because that would be the correct answer.

Thanks to Democrats we the people have one of the most successful healthcare programs in the history of this country. It's called Medicare. It's not a disaster. It's run by the government. So, when you say government-run healthcare will be a disaster---you're out-and-out lying.

Reactions: RNG, se7en and Biff
Dec 2018
Unionville Indiana
The most puzzling and bizarre aspect of American politics has been the alliance between poor/middle class whites and plutocrats promoting "right to work", "free market capitalism", immigrants as chattel, opposition to minimum wage laws, "patriot" sacrifice in foreign wars and opposition to social benefit programs.
The only explanation I can come up with is that they must enjoy begging for table scraps or shining shoes. Of course, that's true of most of the people in Trump's immediate entourage too.

Dec 2015
Arizona
The only explanation I can come up with is that they must enjoy begging for table scraps or shining shoes. Of course, that's true of most of the people in Trump's immediate entourage too.
Perfect example of what we're talking about: MISSISSIPPI.
Despite already being the hungriest state in the country, Mississippi is also the poorest state. Fifty of the 82 counties in the state are considered to be in persistent poverty, which is defined as having a poverty rate of 20% or more and maintaining that rate for over 30 years.

They rank 46 out of 50 in education. 48 out of 50 in the economy. 50 in healthcare. But hey--let's vote Republican again because that GRAND OLD PARTY has helped us so much, right?

Aug 2018
been around
Thanks to Democrats we the people have one of the most successful healthcare programs in the history of this country. It's called Medicare. It's not a disaster. It's run by the government. So, when you say government-run healthcare will be a disaster---you're out-and-out lying.
Not lying. Not really arguing with you about Medicare being successful as is concerning practical results; results have been good if costs are way too much. Medicare, however, will be bankrupt in 8 years, as is. Hard to call that successful. Now you want to add 150 million people? Not to mention the mass immigration Democrats will institute, all getting that care? That would swiftly bankrupt and destroy whatever health care the government managed to provide, leaving Americans with nothing.

I'm not against healthcare for all philosophically; it'd be great, but these forget-reality pie-in-the-sky things will leave us all with little medical care and no money, helpless.

Basically what these things are about is just removing money from people and giving it to government. That's the priority, not helping people.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Not lying. Not really arguing with you about Medicare being successful as is concerning practical results; results have been good if costs are way too much. Medicare, however, will be bankrupt in 8 years, as is. Hard to call that successful. Now you want to add 150 million people? Not to mention the mass immigration Democrats will institute, all getting that care? That would swiftly bankrupt and destroy whatever health care the government managed to provide, leaving Americans with nothing.

I'm not against healthcare for all philosophically; it'd be great, but these forget-reality pie-in-the-sky things will leave us all with little medical care and no money, helpless.

Basically what these things are about is just removing money from people and giving it to government. That's the priority, not helping people.
Yes! you are....either lying or misinformed to the endth degree. It happens like clockwork each year. The trustees of Social Security and Medicare issue their annual reports on the programs’ health, and doomsayers start talking about insolvency and bankruptcy.
The dates of projected depletion tend to bounce around, and trustees note that even if exhaustion occurred in 2026, Medicare would still be able to pay 91 percent of promised benefits. The problem could be addressed by increasing tax rates or by reducing program costs; the trustees estimate that cutting costs by 17 percent could put the fund back in balance. AND the trustees will more-than-likely continue to raise the age of participation. The age has gone from 65 to 67 already.
So do not keep tossing around the words bankrupt or insolvency. A few simple changes will keep both programs solvent for many generations.
How do I know? There are 157 million Americans contributing to these social programs each and every day.

Reactions: RNG and goober