Acostas infinite stupidity

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Ever been to McAllen TX ?? I have. VERY STRONG border patrol presence in the area. Not where I's choose to try and sneak across the border !!

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Ever been to McAllen TX ?? I have. VERY STRONG border patrol presence in the area. Not where I's choose to try and sneak across the border !!
Yes I have, 3 years ago. There's a processing center there for holding illegals till they're sorted out and large govt presence in general. We were there for about a week meeting a friend traveling from Mexico in his Motorhome. The fence is there to insure that people wanting to enter the US do it legally. In the period late 1800 and early 1900s people wandered over the border regularly doing illegal business etc. Due to the wall/fence things are now different. Fencing/wall is now common in border crossing areas. Prior to the wall the smugglers would stop short of the border crossing and hump it thru the border at unguardable stretches of virtually open border. now they have to travel a lot farther away to do this at areas that are easily guarded. We need walls in some places and fences in others. I remember going to two cities in Calif Calexico in the US and Mexicali in Mexico. My customers used to have to clean up their parking lots of trash left by illegals crossing and hire armed guards to keep them from breaking into their businesses along the border. The wall put a stop to that. Built, BTW, by the Clinton admin. Their biggest concern after the wall is having tunnels run under their businesses but the border patrol has devices that pick up the sound of digging now.
Acosta has earned himself an insurmountable "I'm so stupid" award that rivals his almost equally stupid behaviour in the WH.
Of course there's no illegals trying to cross, there's a wall!

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
So here's the question. Logic would dictate that if the wall is 100 miles long, the illegals would simply move their activity a few miles past the end of the wall. WHY is so much of the activity still occurring around population centers and areas that in fact already have walls, fences and border guards ?? WHY are the illegals spending SO MUCH time and energy to defeat a section of wall or fence ?? Why go to the trouble of digging a tunnel when you can go XX miles down the road where there is no fence ??

I'm not opposed to physical barriers WHERE they are effective. I am opposed to THE DJT MEMORIAL WALL and it's current price tag of $25 BILLION DOLLARS. We both KNOW that figure will skyrocket and very rapidly. It won't belong before we're $25B to $30B a YEAR to maintain a 2000 mile long physical structure. There are any number of issues that will arise from trying to build a contiguous wall. Ranchers along the border often own property on both sides of the border. Are we going to install gates ?? If so then who guards them ?? What about water access ?? There are areas where construction would be nearly impossible and very expensive. I just think we could spend the majority of the money on other systems that would provide far more effective protections.

Of course none of this changes the FACT that 90% of the drugs pass thru LEGAL ports of entry, as did/do the majority of the illegals themselves. WHY is the majority of that Honduran caravan sitting on their asses in Tijuana ?? If they intended to invade the country illegally, why didn't they stock up food and water and head for an area with little or no barrier ??

And of course none of the above has any bearing on WHY they come here. If we apply aggressive and highly punitive prosecution of those that hire the illegals we could put a huge dent in the number already here. Of course I also object to DJT and his grand standing when HIS OWN RESORT is under investigation for employing illegals, when during the campaign a TV crew found illegal construction workers at his new DC hotel.

I simply do not believe this is about border security. Trump like to put his name on things. Hotels and apartment buildings. While he can't put his name on it, building the wall would be just the kind of permanent memorial to his own ego.