Adjudicating the he said she said thing ...

Oct 2010
Colorado
wow, what an incredibly male way of overlooking the very real issue many women face.

just fight it out? are you serious? this makes no sense for sooooooo many reasons, and is completely insulting to those who "freeze" during an assault.
Kicking a guy in the nuts is a risky proposition. If it's a disabling kick, cool, maybe. But if it's not the attempt is sure to piss the guy off big time. Big time.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
wow, what an incredibly male way of overlooking the very real issue many women face.

just fight it out? are you serious? this makes no sense for sooooooo many reasons, and is completely insulting to those who "freeze" during an assault.
I did not overlook a damn thing. What EXACTLY did I say that "makes no sense?"

Sep 2015
Stage Left
I did not overlook a damn thing. What EXACTLY did I say that "makes no sense?"
you did.

you assume women will just fight like men. i will not fight a man unless it is to survive. there are a ton of things that can be going on when a woman freezes, many many issues all at once. besides the fact that it is involuntary ffs...........

even those that dont freeze may not fight back, for fear of even worse things happening. at my size, even if i didnt freeze, i never would have fought off any of them.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Kicking a guy in the nuts is a risky proposition. If it's a disabling kick, cool, maybe. But if it's not the attempt is sure to piss the guy off big time. Big time.
Well sure, it depends on how much room you have to execute such a move, your agility, etc. etc.
Other, and in some cases more accessable, vulnerable areas of an attackers body include the eyes and the throat. Those areas do not require a large amount of physical efffort or strength to attack effectively. Jab a pencil, car keys or even a stiffened finger directly into the eyes or throat and see how quickly the fight goes out of them.

No way to help someone that is afraid to piss off an attacker or is afraid of getting hurt if they fight.
Do you have any suggestions that you feel are better than mine? I'll listen.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
you did.

you assume women will just fight like men. i will not fight a man unless it is to survive. there are a ton of things that can be going on when a woman freezes, many many issues all at once. besides the fact that it is involuntary ffs...........

even those that dont freeze may not fight back, for fear of even worse things happening. at my size, even if i didnt freeze, i never would have fought off any of them.
NO, I did NOT. I SUGGESTED that as a course of action. I also suggested that if they did not know how to fight to learn. I also suggested a loud scream to draw attention BEFORE I talked about fighting.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
NO, I did NOT. I SUGGESTED that as a course of action. I also suggested that if they did not know how to fight to learn. I also suggested a loud scream to draw attention BEFORE I talked about fighting.
You are right most of the time but may I suggest the horizontal butt stroke in the solar plexus? That is a killing blow that even a female can do.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
and you completely ignored what i was talking about: freezing.

but in your man-rush to mansplain all the ways to fight back, i can see how you might have missed the whole point.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
and you completely ignored what i was talking about: freezing.

but in your man-rush to mansplain all the ways to fight back, i can see how you might have missed the whole point.
No, I am not. It is NOT a universal reaction of ALL women.
I have explained previously that a lack of resistance (freezing) is often taken by males as a form of permission, that what they are doling is OK.
Resistance can be escalated as required by the situation. I am not suggesting you drive a pencil through a man's eye socket for patting you on the butt. A loud WATCH YOUR HANDS ASS-HOLE may well be enough to disfuse that situation and make sure it does not happen again. IF that does not work THEN you escalate to pyhsical violence.

And in YOUR rush to dismiss my comments as "mansplaining" you are completely ignoring, as well as missing, MY points.