Administration moves to ban flavored e-cigarettes

May 2018
Chicago
Trump administration readies ban on flavored e-cigarettes amid outbreak of vaping-related deaths

While I think e-cigarettes are dumb and the companies have indeed marketed towards kids, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this. Flavored cigars have been around for decades and no one seems to care.
E-cigarettes saved my life. They helped me quit smoking for good. I mentioned this in another thread, but I think these deaths were related to vaping devices the victims had modified in some way.

And they should not ban these unless they going to ban regular cigarettes too.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
E-cigarettes saved my life. They helped me quit smoking for good. I mentioned this in another thread, but I think these deaths were related to vaping devices the victims had modified in some way.

And they should not ban these unless they going to ban regular cigarettes too.
They're not looking to ban e-cigarettes as a whole. Just the flavored capsules.

Reactions: leekohler2
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Trump administration readies ban on flavored e-cigarettes amid outbreak of vaping-related deaths

While I think e-cigarettes are dumb and the companies have indeed marketed towards kids, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this. Flavored cigars have been around for decades and no one seems to care.
How are they marketing to kids? just because its flavored? I actually don't know, I see people saying that but don't ever see the ads. Plus, parents need to take responsbility for their kids. Their are flavored alcohols, does that market to kids?

And the deaths are linked to illegal, black market marijuana vapes and all these stupid articles talk about "stop smoking e cigs'. And in the same article it says what the problem is

And screw this admin that would ban after 6 deaths but no regulation of guns after tens of thousands are slaughtered

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
How are they marketing to kids? just because its flavored? I actually don't know, I see people saying that but don't ever see the ads. Plus, parents need to take responsbility for their kids. Their are flavored alcohols, does that market to kids?

And the deaths are linked to illegal, black market marijuana vapes and all these stupid articles talk about "stop smoking e cigs'. And in the same article it says what the problem is

And screw this admin that would ban after 6 deaths but no regulation of guns after tens of thousands are slaughtered

Nov 2005
California
Cotton Candy Vodka!

From the article:
The Food and Drug Administration is currently finalizing its guidance to remove all non-tobacco flavors of e-cigarettes, including mint and menthol, from the market within 30 days.​
What is the justification for specifying "non-tobacco flavors of e-cigarettes"? Why do the tobacco flavors get an exemption?
The obvious answer (to me) is that tobacco has a better lobby. :rolleyes:

It boggles my mind that we have reached the stage of banning while absolutely no solid cause can be specified...:rolleyes:

Jul 2019
Georgia
This is a random thing for trump to care about. There’s probably more to it than just caring about kids. When has he ever cared about kids who aren’t his own?

We’ll find out the rest of the story soon enough I’m sure.