Administration pushing to decriminalize homosexuality worldwide

Nov 2005
California
I believe you like I believe the earth is flat and the moon is just a big cookie floating around the sky.
There is no need to "believe me".
I challenge you to find ANY psychiatrist or psychologist who claims being gay is a choice.

There are various psychiatrists / psychologists who still hold a negative view of homosexuals. Some who speak out and claim it's a mental illness.
I've never seen any actual psychiatrist / psychologist with a degree try to claim homosexuality is a choice.

Moreover, the very concept of somebody simultaneously claiming something is a choice and a mental illness demonstrates a contradiction.
People do not choose to suffer from an illness.

What do you think the word ORIENTATION means big guy?
Definition of ORIENTATION
Nothing in the definition shows "orientation" means choice.

I'm not quoting the rest of your crap as it's an obvious distraction ploy.
There is actually a separate thread to talk about some of that crap.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I was looking at some of her "quotes" to double-check if possibly she had been misquoted...
She was not misquoted...

She has also said:
Woman's flirtatious arts of self-concealment mean man's approach must take the form of rape.​
My position on date rape is partly based on my study of The Faerie Queen, as detailed in a full chapter in Sexual Personae: in 1590, the poet Edmund Spencer already sees that passive, drippy, naive women constantly get themselves into rape scenarios, while talented, intelligent, alert women, his warrior heroines, spot trouble coming and boldly trounce their male assailants. My feminism stresses courage, independence, self-reliance, and pride.​
I loathe this thing about date rape. Have twelve tequilas at a fraternity party and a guy asks you to go up to his room, and then you're surprised when he assaults you? Most women want to be seduced or lured. The more you study literature and art, the more you see it. Listen to Don Giovanni. Read The Faerie Queene. Pursuit and seduction are the essence of sexuality. It’s part of the sizzle.
When feminist discourse is unable to discriminate the drunken fraternity brother from the homicidal maniac, women are in trouble.
Shocked disbelief greets suggestions that many women may take pleasure in rape fantasies, established long ago by Nancy Friday in her pioneering 1973 study, My Secret Garden, and dramatized today by the staggering mass-market popularity of Harlequin Romances, where heroines are overwhelmed by passionate, impetuous men.​
foundit, I agree with you to a point. I think for centuries what your wrote was true. Women were not SUPPOSED to like, enjoy or want to engage in sex. So they had to fashion these scenarios in order to be involved in a sexual relationship without having the responsibility of saying yes to it.

I don't believe it's true any longer. Women are more and more thought of as equal to men in that regard, and I think that's why more and more women are speaking out about sexual aggression.

side note: my god, I remember having to read The Faery Queen for English in college - I HATED it - and it was only 8bazillion pages long!!!! :zany:

May 2018
Chicago
I was looking at some of her "quotes" to double-check if possibly she had been misquoted...
She was not misquoted...

She has also said:
Woman's flirtatious arts of self-concealment mean man's approach must take the form of rape.

My position on date rape is partly based on my study of The Faerie Queen, as detailed in a full chapter in Sexual Personae: in 1590, the poet Edmund Spencer already sees that passive, drippy, naive women constantly get themselves into rape scenarios, while talented, intelligent, alert women, his warrior heroines, spot trouble coming and boldly trounce their male assailants. My feminism stresses courage, independence, self-reliance, and pride.

I loathe this thing about date rape. Have twelve tequilas at a fraternity party and a guy asks you to go up to his room, and then you're surprised when he assaults you? Most women want to be seduced or lured. The more you study literature and art, the more you see it. Listen to Don Giovanni. Read The Faerie Queene. Pursuit and seduction are the essence of sexuality. It’s part of the sizzle.

When feminist discourse is unable to discriminate the drunken fraternity brother from the homicidal maniac, women are in trouble.
Shocked disbelief greets suggestions that many women may take pleasure in rape fantasies, established long ago by Nancy Friday in her pioneering 1973 study, My Secret Garden, and dramatized today by the staggering mass-market popularity of Harlequin Romances, where heroines are overwhelmed by passionate, impetuous men.​
Camille Paglia has for decades thrived and made her living by making outrageous statements. She's an opportunist, and nothing more.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Orientation means a direction. A compass has an orientation to point north, do you think it chooses to point north?

But IF sexual orientation is a choice, when did you choose yours? Was it a tough choice? Did you flip a coin?
The bible made him do it? His mommy?

Apr 2013
La La Land North
There is no need to "believe me".
I challenge you to find ANY psychiatrist or psychologist who claims being gay is a choice.

There are various psychiatrists / psychologists who still hold a negative view of homosexuals. Some who speak out and claim it's a mental illness.
I've never seen any actual psychiatrist / psychologist with a degree try to claim homosexuality is a choice.

Moreover, the very concept of somebody simultaneously claiming something is a choice and a mental illness demonstrates a contradiction.
People do not choose to suffer from an illness.

Definition of ORIENTATION
Nothing in the definition shows "orientation" means choice.

I'm not quoting the rest of your crap as it's an obvious distraction ploy.
There is actually a separate thread to talk about some of that crap.
What about the rip-off artists of the fundie menace variety that bilk big bucks from parent to cure their kids of their choice of sexual orientation. Are you saying they aren't all Harvard and MIT trained? :lol::lol::lol:

Sep 2017
Hell
Nobody is born gay. That's one of the biggest cop-out excuses I've ever heard. The Q in LBGT-Q proves it's a matter of CHOICE!
I think you are confusing orientation with lifestyle choice.

One can choose to stay in the closet, or ignore personal attraction which is a natural calling, but one cannot choose what that calling is.

A bisexual that chooses one gender and ignore the other had simply made a lifestyle choice, but it does not mean that he/she is no longer attracted to the gender that he/she passed over. Single gender attraction homosexuals can also ignore their emotions and live a sexless life, but that would once again be a lifestyle choice.

I'm assuming you are male. If you hung out with homosexual men, do you think there is any possibility that you would suddenly find some of them sexually attractive to you just because you now think it is now cool to be gay because they are so friendly and supportive of you?

Sep 2015
Stage Left
ffs these ignorant clowns still cant realize sexual orientation and gender identity are two totally separate things.

most of these posts have been so stupid i refused to try to unpack them, its easier to just laugh and roll my eyes. when people are so ignorant on an issue, it is impossible to have anything close to an adult conversation.

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
I can tell this forum is full of liberals. It's not that people are gay that bothers me, it's their agenda and what they get away with. My last post was a good example of the foolishness that's considered acceptable today. I'd rather be called a racist bigot than cave into the loose morals of today's society. Just because our culture and society is going to hell doesn't mean I have to go with it. I'm fed up with liberalism. It's the devils way of life. Spontaneous combustion is coming to America just like it did in Sodom and Gomorrah. And that's why I'm leaving the UCC this year. I'm tired of the liberal, politically correct, 'gender neutrality' LGBT-Q bullshit, and lesbian buzz cut pastors.

Mar 2019
New Hampshire
Romans 1 is clear to me. Homosexuality comes from vile/disgraceful affections and a reprobate/depraved mind. There's no denying it.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Homosexuality is also associated with Sodom and Gomorrah….

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.