After a 4-year-old took doll from store, video shows Phoenix police pulling a gun on parents

Jul 2018
Earth
Yup, cops. Gotta love em.

What's the solution?
There is a number of solutions.

The first one is to revise the thug cops' contracts with the clause that if they are involved in an incident that costs the city $1.00 in damages in a court case they will be terminated from the force and can not appeal the termination in any venue.

The second one is for the victim and other concerned people to picket the police station with placards saying that the cops are jackbooted assholes and stupid as dog shit.

I think in this particular case the people are suing the city for $10 million. I would be pissed off as a city taxpayer to have to foot part of that monetary award if the plaintiffs win.

The mayor and police chief have already said that the cops were wrong. If they testify in court the city will have to write a big check.

Phoenix Mayor Apologizes After Police Draw Guns on Family Over Report of Stolen Doll
"The mayor, Kate Gallego, said in a statement that she was “sick” over what she had seen in the videos.

“It was completely inappropriate and clearly unprofessional,” she said. “There is no situation in which this behavior is ever close to acceptable. As a mother myself, seeing these children placed in such a terrifying situation is beyond upsetting.”
Phoenix Mayor Apologizes After Police Draw Guns on Family Over Report of Stolen Doll

Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams addresses excessive use of force and shoplifting video gone viral
VIDEO: Phoenix's police chief apologizes to family, community over incident

Jul 2018
Earth
It's beyond not acceptable,

The two officers pointed their weapons at the visibly pregnant 24-year-old Harper and her children, the video shows and the claim stated.

"The first officer grabbed the mother and the baby around both of their necks, and tried to take the baby out of the mother’s hand,” the claim alleged. “He told her to put the baby on the ground, which she was unwilling to do because the baby could not walk, and the ground consisted of hot pavement.”

The officer tried to rip Harper’s youngest child from her arms, the claim stated. Eventually he threw Harper, who had handed the children to a bystander, into the police car face first and then handcuffed her.
If you notice, the media is always eager to expose the victims or suspects life history from the minute they were born in cop brutality cases. They will never reveal any information about the thug cops until they absolutely have to, and them it is very skimpy. I believe that in most of these incidents the cops are former military personnel who are in the land of complete psycho. They think that they are still in a war zone. Combat veterans should never be hired as city cops. They are dangerous animals and should be regarded as such by everyone at all times in every circumstance.

Oct 2010
Colorado
If you notice, the media is always eager to expose the victims or suspects life history from the minute they were born in cop brutality cases. They will never reveal any information about the thug cops until they absolutely have to, and them it is very skimpy. I believe that in most of these incidents the cops are former military personnel who are in the land of complete psycho. They think that they are still in a war zone. Combat veterans should never be hired as city cops. They are dangerous animals and should be regarded as such by everyone at all times in every circumstance.
Combat veterans should never be hired as city cops.

Amen to that. Our professional military ensures we'll always have psycho cops. Our non-stop wars pollute the soul of our nation.

Remember the right freaking out over Hillary "WWIII" Clinton. Under Trump, the defense budget is headed for the trillion dollar mark.

Promises kept. Yeah.

Jul 2018
Earth

Amen to that. Our professional military ensures we'll always have psycho cops. Our non-stop wars pollute the soul of our nation.

Remember the right freaking out over Hillary "WWIII" Clinton. Under Trump, the defense budget is headed for the trillion dollar mark.

Promises kept. Yeah.
This is one issue that won't have a happy ending.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

Promises kept. Yeah.
Combat Vets should best serve in the Electro-Mechanical industry where they make big bucks and retire early.

Dec 2015
Arizona
There is a number of solutions.

The first one is to revise the thug cops' contracts with the clause that if they are involved in an incident that costs the city $1.00 in damages in a court case they will be terminated from the force and can not appeal the termination in any venue.

The second one is for the victim and other concerned people to picket the police station with placards saying that the cops are jackbooted assholes and stupid as dog shit.

I think in this particular case the people are suing the city for $10 million. I would be pissed off as a city taxpayer to have to foot part of that monetary award if the plaintiffs win.

The mayor and police chief have already said that the cops were wrong. If they testify in court the city will have to write a big check.

"The mayor, Kate Gallego, said in a statement that she was “sick” over what she had seen in the videos.

“It was completely inappropriate and clearly unprofessional,” she said. “There is no situation in which this behavior is ever close to acceptable. As a mother myself, seeing these children placed in such a terrifying situation is beyond upsetting.”

Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams addresses excessive use of force and shoplifting video gone viral
VIDEO: Phoenix's police chief apologizes to family, community over incident
Kate Gallego is new to the job and she's doing great. There was a time when our Phoenix mayor would just blow this off---NOT KATE. We'll be watching the evening news tonight.
The whole thing is appalling.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Inner Space
Kat

Kate Gallego is new to the job and she's doing great. There was a time when our Phoenix mayor would just blow this off---NOT KATE. We'll be watching the evening news tonight.
The whole thing is appalling.
I am hearing news reports that two women were involved in some event at a Dollar Store parking lot, one was arrested at scene and the second drove away and was stopped at an apartment complex where the video was done. That "fleeing" suspect in a vehicle might be a partial explanation for the strange or extreme police response. It is likely that the Spirit of Joe Arpaio continues to be a factor as well.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
In Trump's America, its just fine. I don't really know what it is going to take for people to wake up. So many things I thought would be unacceptable no one seems to care about. Have we had one right-winger in here condemn this? Nope. That should speak volumes.

But, I have said this before, the flip side of this is that the right has shown us their true face in no uncertain terms. The karma train is coming for them, and I think they know it. That's why they're upping their game before 2020.

This is either naive or blindly partisan implying that this has anything to do w/ the current administration. This has been a growing ongoing problem for decades. Mostly has to do w/ the militarization of the police force that goes hand in had w/ the war on drugs.

It is this sort of mindset that does not allow the problem to be addressed. The same as when race it is attempted to be interjected as the core of the issue.

Sad.