After Trump’s Attacks on Justice Dept., Barr Says He Will Not ‘Be Bullied’

Jul 2018
Earth
For the Republic that the Founders created, there is no enemy worse than Trump, period.

But be of good cheer, they also knew that it wouldn't, and wasn't supposed to, last that long...
Who gives a damn what the Founders did? They had sense enough to toss their first creation into the garbage can because it was lousy. If their second creation no longer serves our needs we should be smart enough to toss it into the garbage and develop one for the 21st Century.

Jun 2019
ROT
Who gives a damn what the Founders did? They had sense enough to toss their first creation into the garbage can because it was lousy. If their second creation no longer serves our needs we should be smart enough to toss it into the garbage and develop one for the 21st Century.
Read Jefferson's letter to Madison about how all laws, including constitutions, naturally expire after 19 years. And Washington thought the Constitution was good for 20 years.

Now do you care?

Dec 2015
Arizona
Well, has Barr found his honor? How can this declaration be walked back? Has Trump run out of rope, or, and I gotta say it, is this all a charade?

We will see.

After Trump’s Attacks on Justice Dept., Barr Says He Will Not ‘Be Bullied’
The attorney general said that the president’s attacks on prosecutors’ handling of his friend Roger Stone’s sentencing undermine the legal system and the Justice Department.
In an extraordinary rebuke of President Trump, Attorney General William P. Barr said on Thursday that Mr. Trump’s attacks on the Justice Department had made it “impossible for me to do my job” and asserted that “I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody.”​
Mr. Barr has been among the president’s most loyal allies and denigrated by Democrats as nothing more than his personal lawyer but publicly challenged Mr. Trump in a way that no other sitting cabinet member has.​
“I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody,” Mr. Barr said in an interview with ABC News. “And I said, whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial board, or the president, I’m going to do what I think is right. I cannot do my job here at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me.”​
Mr. Barr’s remarks were aimed at containing the fallout from the department’s botched handling of its sentencing recommendationfor Mr. Trump’s longtime friend Roger J. Stone Jr., who was convicted of seven felonies in a bid to obstruct a congressional investigation that threatened the president.​
Mr. Trump’s criticisms “make it impossible for me to do my job and to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we’re doing our work with integrity,” Mr. Barr said.​
He added, “It’s time to stop the tweeting about Department of Justice criminal cases.”​
People close to the president said they were caught off guard by the interview.​

Barr is a liar. A dishonest, pathetic excuse of a man. AND just one more in the long line of Trump appointees.

Reactions: GluteusMaximus
May 2018
USA
LOL...Trump's handpicked, super corrupt "yes man" and his faux outrage at Trump's bullying. Oh, I'm so sure it's a legitimate complaint...

MEANWHILE in the Senate: some Republican Senators are feigning independence from Trump with their votes against him being able to escalate in Iran. Pathetic attempt to look "independent" of Trump, but patently obvious to anyone with an IQ over 80. But then again....what's the Republican base? Oh yeah....low-IQ individuals.

May 2018
USA
No, Barr finally gotten bitten by the rabid dog that is our president. He does it to everyone, did Barr think he would be an exception?
He's blowing smoke. Barr positively WELCOMES Trump's orders/direction. He's trying to project a false image of independence, instead of being a Trump rubber stamp. Methinks it has something to do with the Democrats threatening to impeach BARR (he lied his ass off in his confirmation hearings, and the Dems know it and have tapes of his testimony). With any luck evil Fred Flintstone will be getting sodomized in a federal prison within a few years.

Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
It's all a friggen act to try to hide he's a complete hack who's bastardizing his position to defend trump and his cronies. That's what he has done since he has started, so nobody is going to believe his BS

Reactions: se7en