Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez the most comedic member of congress.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
Generally communism scares the hell out of a republic. The fixation comes from a combination of communism and ignorance.

Dec 2016
Canada
But the left should NEVER make comments about the literally thousands of misquotes, totally disingenuous, over exaggerated or completely made up facts, figures and out right lies that spew forth from Trumps mouth and twitter account on a daily basis ??
The biggest problem is that it comes out of Trump like a carpet-bombing attack! Where to begin! There's always another absurdity bigger than the last absurdity he said an hour ago or posted on Twitter.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
But the left should NEVER make comments about the literally thousands of misquotes, totally disingenuous, over exaggerated or completely made up facts, figures and out right lies that spew forth from Trumps mouth and twitter account on a daily basis ??
I am pretty sure I was addressing Cortez.

Dec 2016
Canada

Well the King of Morons has brought the Economy from 1.6% GDP Growth,
No, the King of the Morons is doing it all with borrowed money and massive deficit spending....which reminds everyone paying attention that 'fiscal' conservatives in high places have an uncanny habit of disappearing into the woodwork until a Democrat shows up in the White House and it's time to talk about 'government debt and overspending' again. And the Democrats can be counted on to play along and cut spending to produce austerity budgets to lower the deficit. I'm betting most Americans are getting sick and tired of this dance, and...if they reach Yellow Vest level like in France today, that will be the end of the game, and the end of government that just serves the interests of business and banking!

Dec 2018
New England
Generally communism scares the hell out of a republic. The fixation comes from a combination of communism and ignorance.
FWIW, I know more than a few people who are Sanders supporters and who, I suspect, must also like AOC. I will say two things about them:

1. Among my circle of friends, they are some of the kindest, most sympathetic people I know.
  2. Not one of them has the slightest idea how a modern economy works nor do they show any desire to learn.

Anecdotal for sure, but I find this recurring combination of traits interesting.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I"m not sure what that means, but I will say this. The only fair tax rate is a flat rate, i.e. the same number of pennies paid on each dollar earned, no matter how it's earned, and no matter who earns it. Have an exemption for income below the poverty level, but after that, everyone contributes the same amount on a pro-rated basis. No deductions. No credits. No loopholes.
when the tax rate was 90% on all income above 100 k and that was the case adjusted for inflation tat would be about 90% on incomes above one million that was fair no one needs that much all people should have the same income thats is equality of result from each according to ability to each according to need, you can stil get rich just most of what you make goes back to the people that helped you make it again i'd settled for a 70% rate.. once ther eis a global economy and we take control of it there wont be anyplace for you run.. maybe mars.. move to mars and pay a flat rate.. you are free to do that Michael Moore's film Capitalism claims richest paid top tax rate of 90 percent in the 1950s