Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez the most comedic member of congress.

Dec 2018
New England
Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.… Romans 13:6 thats not 10% if the government presents you with a bill for 100% of your income that is what god wants you to pay
Yes, and I can promise you that were I to reach and exceed $2.5m/yr in income more than 30% of that marginal income would be due to me.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
I think progressives get multiples on the thought of spending other people's money ;-)
since when is the bible "progressive"? Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.… Romans 13:6 thats not

Dec 2018
New England
since when is the bible "progressive"? Pay everyone what you owe him: taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.… Romans 13:6 thats not
It's progressive when its used to argue for a confiscatory tax regimen.

Dec 2018
New England
dude it isnt your money we are confiscating money you dont deserve, when you take money from a thief is it theft
I"m not sure what that means, but I will say this. The only fair tax rate is a flat rate, i.e. the same number of pennies paid on each dollar earned, no matter how it's earned, and no matter who earns it. Have an exemption for income below the poverty level, but after that, everyone contributes the same amount on a pro-rated basis. No deductions. No credits. No loopholes.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I"m not sure what that means, but I will say this. The only fair tax rate is a flat rate, i.e. the same number of pennies paid on each dollar earned, no matter how it's earned, and no matter who earns it. Have an exemption for income below the poverty level, but after that, everyone contributes the same amount on a pro-rated basis. No deductions. No credits. No loopholes.
You have just advocated for the system that you are complaining about!

“Have an exemption for income below the poverty line”

That’s a graduated income tax, the EXACT system we have now. The only difference is that our current system has more than two income/tax brackets.

Dec 2018
New England
You have just advocated for the system that you are complaining about!

“Have an exemption for income below the poverty line”

That’s a graduated income tax, the EXACT system we have now. The only difference is that our current system has more than two income/tax brackets.
It is most decidedly not the system we have now. We have a tax code that is stunningly complex with a myriad of conditions, deductions, exemptions, credits, exclusions, etc. It's even more complex for businesses. In fact, for every dollar in taxes paid by corporate America they pay something like $0.25 just to make sure the taxes are prepared correctly. Simplify that process and you could raise the corporate rate by 10% and they'd thank you for it.

Dec 2018
New England
A very silly statement.

At least give yourself some cover and say in your opinion.

Opinion holds no universality.
Of course it's my opinion, as is the "fair share' jargon we hear from the left. Though on this topic my opinion has the virtue of being the correct one.

Dec 2016
Canada
Exactly, anyone who still supports Trump has no right to call anyone stupid, or immoral or anything else. They have given up their integrity.
The rightwing rhetorical attacks on Alexandria Cortez have been unfocused-throwing-crap-at-the-wall stuff because she, unlike Sanders, is an opponent who has all of a sudden gained a high public profile( much to the chagrin of Democratic Party mandarins-Pelosi, Schumer, Tom Perez etc. who are trying to reign her in), so the right didn't have time to construct a coherent character assassination strategy a la Rove or Luntz, and have all of their media and political talkingheads hammering away with the same message.

So, instead it's "she's an idiot" or "she's an evil communist megalomaniac...the new Stalin". BUT, which is it??? Is Alexandria Ocasio Cortez the new *Sarah Palin or the new Stalin, cause she can't be both, and the right needs to get their rhetoric from the same hymnals cause the more they run around like their hair's on fire, the more idiotic they sound and more people will tune them out and not pay attention to anything they say!

*speaking of Palin! Now there's a name from the past the GOP is trying to bury and conceal from everyone's collective memory! If it wasn't for undeservedly eulogized war profiteer and banking grifter- John McCain taking her on for some religious right cred back in 08, it's likely the Republicans wouldn't have a Trump problem today! Cause if everyone remembers back then, the Frank Luntz strategic talkingpoint was to get everyone across Foxnews and rightwing blogosphere to hammer away at critics with the charge: "Palin Derangement Syndrome," to make it appear that Palin was some way/somehow a threat to Democratic Party corruption.