Alyssa Milano Calls for 'Sex Strike' Over Georgia Anti-Abortion Law

Dec 2016
Canada
I can't believe you are dancing around the truth like this.

My statements were clear. If effort is made to keep them alive then they live but if everyone stands around with their thumbs up their ass then the infant will die 100% of the time.

The stats for viability to live outside the womb are skewed because in most cases the doctors do not try to keep the babies alive.

Ever stop to think about how much premature newborn survival rates are skewed by America's horribly uneven distribution of health care? How many pregnant women are at the low end of the prenatal care spectrum and don't get regular checkups and have a poor diet even during pregnancy? Can conservative republicans who cut Medicaid, Medicare and specific programs for low income women be charged as accessories to murder when pregnancies end in
Fact is that no matter what doctors say babies born premature at 20-37 weeks will live if givin the chance.
AND odds of birth defects, deformities, mental disorders etc. skyrocket and lower the odds of normal life afterwards each time they push the boundaries back further to 'save' babies. As I get older and get pushed by my doctor to have more and more tests and checkups, I'm more inclined to tell the whole medical industrial complex to FOAD! Cause the same thing happens at the other end of life, because we have a culture that demands everyone survive as long as possible even when they have no quality of life!

There is zero people alive today that are here without intervention by someone giving them care when they are born.
And until near the turn of the 20th century, the care was provided by midwives not doctors...who at first, lowered the survival odds of newborns and mothers. But that's progress I suppose. Facts are we have a lot more intrusive medical interventions at all stages of life, and most of us would be a lot healthier if we recognized that in our middle years, provided we're healthy, our bodies are self-healing mechanisms that we can adjust with proper attitude, sleep, diet, and exercise without needing drugs or operations etc.! The more interventions...which certainly includes trying to push the boundaries on survivability outside the womb, the more baggage comes along with it.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Of coarse you are out because you were getting deep into their bs.

You ask for a degree as if that somehow means something even though i told you that doctors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the usa.
cancer
heart disease
doctors

I really enjoy your outlook on most everything and as i said i am surprised on this.

Clearly babies born at around 20 weeks survive if they are givin a chance. It does cost much but that is a separate issue than ability to live.
NO. I was out because YOU were not reading/absorbing what your OWN SOURCE provided. You want what you want, ignoring the medical information we currently have.
I am certainly NOT saying to ignore or dismiss the opportunity to save a premie's life. Absolutely--every effort should be made to do so, but what Dr. Ahmed is trying to point out is that (once again) this particular baby was the exception. In fact, the baby's situation was SO exceptional Dr. Ahmed used the case to encourage other Obstetricians to reexamine the 22-week rule of thumb. AND good for him.
I'm all for it. Our technology IS CHANGING. Maybe we can save more lives. That would be a great thing.

Mar 2019
Texas
Ever stop to think about how much premature newborn survival rates are skewed by America's horribly uneven distribution of health care? How many pregnant women are at the low end of the prenatal care spectrum and don't get regular checkups and have a poor diet even during pregnancy? Can conservative republicans who cut Medicaid, Medicare and specific programs for low income women be charged as accessories to murder when pregnancies end in

AND odds of birth defects, deformities, mental disorders etc. skyrocket and lower the odds of normal life afterwards each time they push the boundaries back further to 'save' babies. As I get older and get pushed by my doctor to have more and more tests and checkups, I'm more inclined to tell the whole medical industrial complex to FOAD! Cause the same thing happens at the other end of life, because we have a culture that demands everyone survive as long as possible even when they have no quality of life!

And until near the turn of the 20th century, the care was provided by midwives not doctors...who at first, lowered the survival odds of newborns and mothers. But that's progress I suppose. Facts are we have a lot more intrusive medical interventions at all stages of life, and most of us would be a lot healthier if we recognized that in our middle years, provided we're healthy, our bodies are self-healing mechanisms that we can adjust with proper attitude, sleep, diet, and exercise without needing drugs or operations etc.! The more interventions...which certainly includes trying to push the boundaries on survivability outside the womb, the more baggage comes along with it.

The biggest disconnect in the stats of viability to live outside the womb is that the stats are derived from majority of cases where there is a problem already that causes premature birth and doctors simply let them die in most cases.

Now to take that stat and apply it to say the viability of a baby to live outside the womb in an abortion debate is disingenuous at best.

Here is the truth they hide. If doctors were to remove a perfectly healthy baby from a mom at 17-37 weeks then the baby would survive if givin care.

Case closed.

Mar 2019
Texas
NO. I was out because YOU were not reading/absorbing what your OWN SOURCE provided. You want what you want, ignoring the medical information we currently have.
I am certainly NOT saying to ignore or dismiss the opportunity to save a premie's life. Absolutely--every effort should be made to do so, but what Dr. Ahmed is trying to point out is that (once again) this particular baby was the exception. In fact, the baby's situation was SO exceptional Dr. Ahmed used the case to encourage other Obstetricians to reexamine the 22-week rule of thumb. AND good for him.
I'm all for it. Our technology IS CHANGING. Maybe we can save more lives. That would be a great thing.
I read my sources but you missed my point.
Again the stats are skewed and do not reflect the viability of a fetus to live outside the womb. They simply reflect the ability of sick fetus born early to live outside the womb.

Fact is that a healthy fetus can be kept alive outside the womb.

Dec 2016
Canada
First off you just said that third trimester babies are capable of conscious awareness and then you claim kids do not have much capacity of awareness. What are you basing this nonsense on?
The only conscious awareness that might possibly exist at this stage is pain-awareness. Because prior to 24-25 weeks, the thalamus at the base of the brain/top of the spinal column has not been connected yet to the cortex levels where any touch sense coming from different regions of the body can be experienced consciously.

Even newborns are very limited in what they are aware of, which is why so many new mothers describe the breakthrough in mother/child bonding takes place after two weeks, while before that the new baby doesn't seem aware of them except constant crying for food and needing changing. It's when the newborn looks into his or her mother's eyes that the new mom starts feeling that having a baby might be all worth it after all!
I will go ahead and refute that with the thought that once a child in the womb kicks and such then they are aware. QUICKENING I am more and more drawn to this concept to be wide spread in this issue because it allows for babies to make their selves known and it is between a mom and a baby and in the event a mother would lie it would be between her and GOD and not a bunch of politicians unless one can prove different.
"Quickening" doesn't prove any conscious activity and most neuroscientists believe it is best described as a practice run of the primary motor cortex and muscle activation.

I sense a whole bunch of deflection from you by bringing up several things not really on point as you break down my post into sections that take away a;ll context from what i was saying. It is a sad tactic from people when they can no longer provide meaningful debate. I call it msm style. Nice job.
It's either that or place numbers on them and place them all at the end of the post, because you cover separate issues in your posts, and I can't string them all in one sentence.

Mar 2019
Texas
And who pays? And what is the quality of life for these preemies later in life?
Good questions. The quality of life for a healthy baby does not really change because of being premature but other underlying issues.

Example i cling too is a baby being born at 6.5 months on a ferry in galveston tx with zero complications or doctor intervention.

Mar 2019
Texas
The only conscious awareness that might possibly exist at this stage is pain-awareness. Because prior to 24-25 weeks, the thalamus at the base of the brain/top of the spinal column has not been connected yet to the cortex levels where any touch sense coming from different regions of the body can be experienced consciously.

"Quickening" doesn't prove any conscious activity and most neuroscientists believe it is best described as a practice run of the primary motor cortex and muscle activation.

It's either that or place numbers on them and place them all at the end of the post, because you cover separate issues in your posts, and I can't string them all in one sentence.
Get a grip.

Your words disintegrating before my eyes.

My post was not so complex that you need to break down the whole thing msm style.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I read my sources but you missed my point.
Again the stats are skewed and do not reflect the viability of a fetus to live outside the womb. They simply reflect the ability of sick fetus born early to live outside the womb.

Fact is that a healthy fetus can be kept alive outside the womb.
I did not *DID NOT* miss your point. You are too compromised to see beyond your own convictions. So you just keep repeating the same statements.
Pay attention to what the DOCTOR is saying. He agrees with you to a degree.
Of course a sick fetus CAN be kept alive.....sometimes...under certain circumstances.

Let me tell you a true story. A very dear friend of mine was told that her baby (still in the womb) was not growing. Obviously, something was terribly wrong. This friend was confined to bedrest, more tests were run and the outlook was dire. When the baby was delivered it was a premie with an enlarged heart, very little brain function, lung dysplasia, inability to suckle and projectile vomiting. The baby was hospitalized for about one month and then sent home with no hope of survival. For three more months the parents did what they could for this little guy and watched him slowly die. The baby basically starved to death and the parents watched. They grieved every hour--every day. The doctor bills were astounding. They couldn't sleep--couldn't leave the house. AND they had another child---a three-year-old boy--who was our Godson.
Mr. Clara and I did what we could. We cooked meals--brought groceries--took the 3 yr old home with us as often as possible.
I cannot STRESS the horror of those days and the NIGHTMARE those wonderful friends went through.

So.....be very careful about what you wish for, my friend. There can be horrific consequences.