Amash: Trump claim about US embassy threats 'seems to be totally made up'

Sep 2019
Here
I would not doubt this at all. The government has always lied to us.

Amash: Trump claim about US embassy threats 'seems to be totally made up'
Rep. Justin Amash (Mich.), an Independent who left the Republican Party last year, said Sunday that President Trump's claim that Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani was plotting attacks against four U.S. embassies "seems to be totally made up."
"The administration didn't present evidence to Congress regarding even one embassy," Amash tweeted.
"And they have never presented evidence of imminence - a necessary condition to act without congressional approval - with respect to any of this," he added, referencing Trump administration officials' justification for launching an airstrike that killed Soleimani.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
You're saying, Trump et al lied to the world?

"There is no doubt that there were a series of imminent attacks being plotted by Qassem Soleimani," Pompeo said. "We don't know precisely when and we don't know precisely where, but it was real."

I know, how can an attack be imminent if ya don't know exactly when, but still.......................

Dec 2015
Arizona
You're saying, Trump et al lied to the world?

"There is no doubt that there were a series of imminent attacks being plotted by Qassem Soleimani," Pompeo said. "We don't know precisely when and we don't know precisely where, but it was real."

I know, how can an attack be imminent if ya don't know exactly when, but still.......................
Botch Botch Botch. Is that all these guys can do?
So now we know that SOME of Trump's advisors wanted Soleimani assassinated MONTHS ago, but ALAS! The timing JUST WASN'T perfect (for whatever reasons) so they waited and waited and...
I'm guessing that something changed. What was it? Did the TTeam even TRY to dream up a good reason for the NOW--let's do it now? Did they have a backup plan?
Apparently not because when it came time to EXPLAIN to the voters the TTeam was fresh out of ideas so the term "imminent threat" just came in handy.
I swear to God. These guys can't find their way out of a brown paper bag.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Botch Botch Botch. Is that all these guys can do?
So now we know that SOME of Trump's advisors wanted Soleimani assassinated MONTHS ago, but ALAS! The timing JUST WASN'T perfect (for whatever reasons) so they waited and waited and...
I'm guessing that something changed. What was it? Did the TTeam even TRY to dream up a good reason for the NOW--let's do it now? Did they have a backup plan?
Apparently not because when it came time to EXPLAIN to the voters the TTeam was fresh out of ideas so the term "imminent threat" just came in handy.
I swear to God. These guys can't find their way out of a brown paper bag.
You're forgetting the imminent threat to Trump's ego, all that impeachment nonsense, and stuff.

Sep 2019
Here
I hope Amash jumps into the race. The word is he's thinking about it. But he won't get the endorsement (and money) from the MIC. So his chances are slim. Unless the Senate finds Trump guilty. But that's not going to happen either.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I hope Amash jumps into the race. The word is he's thinking about it. But he won't get the endorsement (and money) from the MIC. So his chances are slim. Unless the Senate finds Trump guilty. But that's not going to happen either.
I do like him.

Sep 2019
Here
The problem I see is Amash splitting the non-stupid vote.
Yeah yeah.. I know. I know. You die hard R & D's can't stand it when people vote their conscience. "Split the vote, voting for lesser of two evils," The whole BS propaganda that's put out by the duopoly to that helps ensure the duopoly stays in power.
blah blah blah blah.

My vote is only gonna count for one vote. It's not going to change the outcome of any election. So BY GOD, I'm not going to waste it on someone I don't support. And IMO, that's the ONLY wasted vote that can be cast, voting for someone you support less that someone else, just because of their supposed "chance of winning, lesser of two evils" BS that's spewed every 4 years.
Too many people think like you do. Which is one of the big reasons we got Trump.