Amazon to pay ZERO taxes again this year

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
This years profit of over $11 Billions is double last years profits on which they also paid zero taxes.

"2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act not only decreased corporate tax rates from 35% to 21%, but it also didn’t close “a slew of tax loopholes that allow profitable companies to routinely avoid paying federal and state income taxes on almost half of their profits.”

Amazon Will Pay a Whopping $0 in Federal Taxes on $11.2 Billion Profits

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
This years profit of over $11 Billions is double last years profits on which they also paid zero taxes.

"2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act not only decreased corporate tax rates from 35% to 21%, but it also didn’t close “a slew of tax loopholes that allow profitable companies to routinely avoid paying federal and state income taxes on almost half of their profits.”

I have not paid income tax for 8 years and this bountiful harvest started when I retired and don't even have to file, April 15 is no longer a rush day. I will never order anything again from Amazon after the flip-flop fiasco. Jeff Bezos will be in lock down before Donald Trump.

Last edited:
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN

Corporations ALWAYS PAY 0 IN TAXES, they pass tax bill to the consumer...

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
I have not paid income tax for 8 years and this bountiful harvest started when I retired. April 15 is no longer a rush day. I will never order anything again from Amazon after the flip-flop fiasco.
There many kinds of Corporations and I started at type S and moved up to type C where I fired THE PRESIDENT.

edit: The President did not get a golden parachute and got kicked to the curb.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
Below are the 18 companies that paid no federal income tax from 2008-2015, according to ITEP. Many of them are in the energy sector.
President Donald Trump and the GOP leadership have vowed to reduce U.S. corporate taxes, arguing that the statutory 35 percent rate is far too high. Reminder: Corporations are people. (Thanks, Mittens!)

1. Pepco Holdings
  2. PG&E Corp.
  3. Wisconsin Energy
  4. NiSource
  5. International Paper
  6. FirstEnergy
  7. Priceline.com
  8. Amos Energy
  9. General Electric
  10. American Electric Power
  11. Ryder System
  12. Duke Energy
  13. NextEra Energy
  14. Xcel Energy
  15. Ameren
  16. CMS Energy
  17. Sempra Energy
  18. Eversource Energy

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Below are the 18 companies that paid no federal income tax from 2008-2015, according to ITEP. Many of them are in the energy sector.
President Donald Trump and the GOP leadership have vowed to reduce U.S. corporate taxes, arguing that the statutory 35 percent rate is far too high. Reminder: Corporations are people. (Thanks, Mittens!)

1. Pepco Holdings
  2. PG&E Corp.
  3. Wisconsin Energy
  4. NiSource
  5. International Paper
  6. FirstEnergy
  7. Priceline.com
  8. Amos Energy
  9. General Electric
  10. American Electric Power
  11. Ryder System
  12. Duke Energy
  13. NextEra Energy
  14. Xcel Energy
  15. Ameren
  16. CMS Energy
  17. Sempra Energy
  18. Eversource Energy
A type C pays zero income tax. There are a lot of advantages being a type C.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee

Actually your theory is wrong. One, taxes are paid on profits, you know the money left over after they've paid all their other operating expenses ?? Two, there's this thing call COMPETITION, perhaps, being a proponent of the capitalist system, you've heard of it ?? It means company A can't arbitrarily raise their prices to cover the taxes. If they do Company B may very well decide to accept a slightly small profit margin to gain the sale.

Corporations benefit massively from the public trough. How many would be in business if they had to teach every new employee how to read, write, do math and understand even the most basic of science ?? How many would be in business if they had to pay for every road needed to get employees to and from work as well as deliver their good and services to the market ?? An educated population, good infra structure and stable government create an involvement where businesses can succeed. The more educated the population, the better the infrastructure, the greater the success for business.

Receiving the benefits while putting nothing back into the process will eventually lead to our down fall.