Amber Guyger Guilty of murder

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Big big BIG sigh of relief

I don't think she did it on purpose, I don't think she had any intent, I don't think it was planned. But she is the direct cause of the death of another human being. If I'm speeding and I hit and kill someone, I'm going to jail. Plain and simple. She should too.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I'm surprised, especially in Texas, but this is good

she did take someone's life, because of her own poor judgement

Sep 2019
Here
Big big BIG sigh of relief

I don't think she did it on purpose, I don't think she had any intent, I don't think it was planned. But she is the direct cause of the death of another human being. If I'm speeding and I hit and kill someone, I'm going to jail. Plain and simple. She should too.
I think the key is, she meant to aim her gun and shoot the man. What she didn't mean to do was go into the wrong apartment. That was her mistake. Shooting the man wasn't a mistake. It was deliberate.
"What are you doing in my apartment?" Would've gotten an answer to the tune of "This is my apartment." Then a quick look around and not seeing any of her stuff, she would've realized her mistake.
Too many times (now a days) cops are scared shtless and shoot people.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Jul 2019
Georgia
I think the key is, she meant to aim her gun and shoot the man. What she didn't mean to do was go into the wrong apartment. That was her mistake. Shooting the man wasn't a mistake. It was deliberate.
"What are you doing in my apartment?" Would've gotten an answer to the tune of "This is my apartment." Then a quick look around and not seeing any of her stuff, she would've realized her mistake.
Too many times (now a days) cops are scared shtless and shoot people.
exactly. a lot of them are trained to shoot first and ask questions later. that needs to change too.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Sep 2019
Here
Good to see. This is the appropriate result.
The final result, as in the decision of the appeal will be worth keeping tabs on. If she's gonna get any "blue privilege" it'll be then. This is too publicized to show leniency at first.
I suspect she'll be in prison for a year, then her appeal will come through. It won't be as public, and she'll get time served with probation.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Jury finds Amber Guyger guilty of murder in shooting death of Botham Jean
Amber Guyger was charged with murder in the September 2018 killing of Botham Jean.
I can see a manslaughter verdict but not a murder verdict unless there was some evidence of premeditation. A tired cop and a series of mistakes equals manslaughter in my opinion. It seems highly unlikely that Guyger intended to go upstairs and kill Jean. I suspect the "shoot first" culture of police training and the siege mentality that get promoted in police stations, squad rooms and police bars just added to her impulsive response.