Amber Guyger Guilty of murder

Sep 2019
Here
I can see a manslaughter verdict but not a murder verdict unless there was some evidence of premeditation. A tired cop and a series of mistakes equals manslaughter in my opinion. It seems highly unlikely that Guyger intended to go upstairs and kill Jean. I suspect the "shoot first" culture of police training and the siege mentality that get promoted in police stations, squad rooms and police bars just added to her impulsive response.

Is there a time limit on premeditation? If so, what is it. She intentionally shot the man.

Sep 2019
Here
Did she ever explain WHY she thought it was HER apartment??
Probably. But I didn't follow the trial. I can only imagine she just wasn't paying attention. From what I gather, she was screwing her cop partner. And they were planning on getting together later than night.
But like I said, I didn't follow the trial very closely.

Reactions: Clara007
Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Is there a time limit on premeditation? If so, what is it. She intentionally shot the man.
She perceived (I suppose) that she was defending herself. If you agree that she was confused about the apartment, then it follows that she would perceive that she was defending herself. Of course, if she intentionally went to the wrong apartment, that would change the thinking. Her police training likely took over and she had a lethal weapon which she was encouraged to use based upon that training. Fire at center mass.

Sep 2019
Texas
Well, apparently, the evidence presented to the jury convinced the jury, who was likely advised as to the definition of murder, that she was guilty of murder.
To what degree? I don't believe I've seen that. 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Did she ever explain WHY she thought it was HER apartment??
She lived on the third floor, for some reason she parked on the fourth floor of the garage, went to the apartment directly above hers, the door was unlocked, she entered he was there, she killed him.
She claimed he was coming towards her, and she was ordering him to stop, the forensic evidence showed he was shot while getting off the couch.
That's probably the murder charge there, she was lying about what happened.