America calls the Bullshit out

Jul 2019
Georgia
Algorithm to what you respond to- same reason you get certain ads on the internet- the algorithm doesn't detect what the response is, just the response
I get ads telling me that in Spring Tx the gov't might pay for Solar Panels- I don't live in Spring- I have read aricles about solar panels and other energy related articles-
I also get ads about older celebrities- I assume it's because when I see an old movie and get curious about an actor or actress I'll look at what wikipedia says-

And, they might be trying to reverse the stories about twitter trying to silence conservatives-
I don't do much engaging on twitter,, but maybe I do read the responses to the more outrageous ones? so it could be, I guess.

seems it started recently. I'm not really complaining, I just mute, but it's just a little something I noticed.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Sep 2019
Texas
I don't do much engaging on twitter,, but maybe I do read the responses to the more outrageous ones? so it could be, I guess.

seems it started recently. I'm not really complaining, I just mute, but it's just a little something I noticed.
I don't do social media so I have no idea how it works- I didn't know you could mute twitter- I just consider all social media as moot- I think the Click Baiter media pays way too much attention to a few loud mouths and try to make it seem as though the whole world agrees-

Jul 2019
Georgia
I don't do social media so I have no idea how it works- I didn't know you could mute twitter- I just consider all social media as moot- I think the Click Baiter media pays way too much attention to a few loud mouths and try to make it seem as though the whole world agrees-
absolutely. it's all money geared.

on twitter, if you follow someone, they can retweet someone, and it shows on your timeline. you can mute the more annoying ones so you don't have to see them

you can mute certain words or hashtags too, which is cool

I like twitter because it's a quick way to get news, but trolls do run rampant.

I really wish it wasn't our president's main form of communication. I think it's important for any elected official to get their word out, but he takes it way overboard.

Reactions: intangible child
Sep 2019
Texas
absolutely. it's all money geared.

on twitter, if you follow someone, they can retweet someone, and it shows on your timeline. you can mute the more annoying ones so you don't have to see them

you can mute certain words or hashtags too, which is cool

I like twitter because it's a quick way to get news, but trolls do run rampant.

I really wish it wasn't our president's main form of communication. I think it's important for any elected official to get their word out, but he takes it way overboard.
Didn't Obama use twitter?

Jul 2019
Georgia
Didn't Obama use twitter?
yes. and he still does occasionally. like I said, it's useful for getting the word out, but trump takes it to a whole new level. self-serving crazy rants multiple times a day.

Sep 2019
Texas
yes. and he still does occasionally. like I said, it's useful for getting the word out, but trump takes it to a whole new level. self-serving crazy rants multiple times a day.
He's just using modern technology- Obama did it too- actually first- so, as I've said, on numerous occasions, Trump is a culmination of all past lunatics- all social posting media is self serving- regardless of who or how much- that others have done it behind closed doors, or not had it Click Baited, doesn't make it any less egregious-

This isn't meant to be tit for tat towards you- it's just the facts- publicly hating or publicly not hating is still public- don't you think the transparency is appropriate? Obama claimed he was going to have the most transparent administration in the history of administrations- did he? Behind closed doors is cowardly if you think about it- and ALL politicians are cowards that speak with forked tongues- at least you know where Trump is coming from- he tweets it-

Not that I agree or approve- it just is what it is- the Click Bait media make it better for him and they don't even realize it- LOL

Jul 2019
Georgia
He's just using modern technology- Obama did it too- actually first- so, as I've said, on numerous occasions, Trump is a culmination of all past lunatics- all social posting media is self serving- regardless of who or how much- that others have done it behind closed doors, or not had it Click Baited, doesn't make it any less egregious-

This isn't meant to be tit for tat towards you- it's just the facts- publicly hating or publicly not hating is still public- don't you think the transparency is appropriate? Obama claimed he was going to have the most transparent administration in the history of administrations- did he? Behind closed doors is cowardly if you think about it- and ALL politicians are cowards that speak with forked tongues- at least you know where Trump is coming from- he tweets it-

Not that I agree or approve- it just is what it is- the Click Bait media make it better for him and they don't even realize it- LOL
I actually think it's a good thing for the public to know what's on trump's mind

trump is doing it out of vanity, not for transparency reasons, IMO

I guess the way I see it, and what I don't like, is that twitter has a worldwide reach, so the entire world sees what's on his mind too, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

if you look at Obama's feed (and this is true even when he was POTUS) it's all positive messages. trump is full of negativity, and self-serving, constantly.

Sep 2019
Texas
I actually think it's a good thing for the public to know what's on trump's mind

trump is doing it out of vanity, not for transparency reasons, IMO

I guess the way I see it, and what I don't like, is that twitter has a worldwide reach, so the entire world sees what's on his mind too, which isn't necessarily a good thing.

if you look at Obama's feed (and this is true even when he was POTUS) it's all positive messages. trump is full of negativity, and self-serving, constantly.

I'm not going to look at anything about Obama or twitter or Trump - I see enough as it is in Click Bait bullshit- Trump didn't create the negativity- it's his reaction to it you don't like- he calls people out who, IHO, need calling out- and believe me, the rest of the world is way ahead of Trump as far as recognizing the hypocrisy this Country displays and exercises- in the news-
This Country, politicians and citizens, is so hypocritical and self righteous it's pathetic- the world sees it and has for a long time- that is the least of what you believe is a problem that Trump is doing- here's a thought I learned a long time ago during management training- if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem- the problem is that most people refuse to acknowledge that, especially politicians- the only thing they realize is they need votes- they have people in two classes- tools or enemies- sadly, the tools refuse to look at results- in the case of most here on this forum, what exactly have Democrats done to protect personal Liberty- that is the core of their job- I ask Republican the same thing- rhetoric and witch hunts don't count- what responses do I get? 0- I get a lot of rhetoric and reactions but no responses- what has this gov't, in general, Democrat or Republican, specifically, done, in say, the last 20 years to protect our Liberty?

No, I'm not trying to change the narrative, per se'- though it should be- so, let's say Trump is impeached- how exactly is that going to protect our Liberty?
You do realize that all this bullshit going on is on our dime, right? What is being accomplished that is healthy, helpful or protecting our Liberty?
Hint- it equals 0.

Nov 2005
California
America is calling the bullshit out!

Sounds like rhetoric, already, to apologize for losing the next election. It also gives the impression there is enough evidence to have him removed from office, which there is not.
Actually, it sounds like no matter what the facts are you'll claim something good for Trump. o_O

Under what conditions would you actually say "Sounds like Trump is guilty" (beyond an actual confession from Trump)?

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
Poll shocker: 82% believe there is social media news bias; too much control
To me this means only 18% are dumb enough to buy the narrative out there.

Those people know facts are being omitted that pertains to issues by design. Deciding what people see is up to liberal progressive technocrats and the majority of people know that. Just so people understand that what you think people are told to think is working, it is not as well as you think.
Would a news media that prevents factually incorrect news be "biased"? Or is a news source that allows incorrect or bigoted news biased?
Also, "social media" is inherently biased, so the question is, how should it be biased, toward truth or inaccuracy?