American/World History Knowledge- do with it what you will

Sep 2019
Texas
In a video recorded in the early 2000s — later broadcast on Israeli TV — Netanyahu, speaking to a family of Jewish settlers, described the mass support among Americans, particularly evangelicals, for Israel as “absurd,” saying:
America is something that can be easily moved. Moved in the right direction. They won’t get in our way; 80 percent of the Americans supprt us. It’s absurd.”​

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
There is a contingent of American evangelicals that support Israel for one reason and one reason only. They want Israel to get into a nuclear exchange with one of it's Arab neighbors. Why do you think so many hard line conservatives/evangelicals were SSSSOOOOO upset over the Iran deal ?? Was it really that bad ?? NOOOOO SIIIRRREEEEEE Bob, that's NOT the real reason. They WANT Iran to have a bomb. They hope beyond hope that once Iran gets the bomb they will USE IT ON ISRAEL, which will of course require Israel to use the bombs WE gave them and strike back.

WHY you ask ?? Because these nimrods BELIEVE THEY CAN TRIGGER ARMAGEDDON !!!! They think they can FORCE the second coming of Jesus. The think the hell fire and brimstone is nuclear fallout and that as soon as the first bomb goes off in Israel, Jesus will be swooping down from heaven !!! They honestly think they can force God's hand !!!!

Reactions: Hollywood
Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
There is a contingent of American evangelicals that support Israel for one reason and one reason only. They want Israel to get into a nuclear exchange with one of it's Arab neighbors. Why do you think so many hard line conservatives/evangelicals were SSSSOOOOO upset over the Iran deal ?? Was it really that bad ?? NOOOOO SIIIRRREEEEEE Bob, that's NOT the real reason. They WANT Iran to have a bomb. They hope beyond hope that once Iran gets the bomb they will USE IT ON ISRAEL, which will of course require Israel to use the bombs WE gave them and strike back.

WHY you ask ?? Because these nimrods BELIEVE THEY CAN TRIGGER ARMAGEDDON !!!! They think they can FORCE the second coming of Jesus. The think the hell fire and brimstone is nuclear fallout and that as soon as the first bomb goes off in Israel, Jesus will be swooping down from heaven !!! They honestly think they can force God's hand !!!!
Are they REALLY that fucking stupid???

Nov 2013
NM

Unlikely - & unnecessary - that the US gave nuclear weapons to the state of Israel. See Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia. IDF was particularly lucky to have a very pro-Israeli government in France during a critical time for the early Israeli nuclear/weapons research effort.

Sep 2019
Texas
Sadly, those in power aren't evangelicals- or fortunately,depending on perspective- however, according to the article, there were some in power, in the past, who subscribed to the fanaticism-

The culmination of Blackstone’s efforts came in the form of the Blackstone Memorial, a petition that pleaded that then-President of the United States Benjamin Harrison and his secretary of state, James Blaine, take action “in favor of the restoration of Palestine to the Jews.” The largely forgotten petition asked Harrison and Blaine to use their influence to “secure the holding at an early date, of an international conference to consider the condition of the Israelites and their claims to Palestine as their ancient home, and to promote, in all other just and proper ways, the alleviation of their suffering condition.”

As with Russell’s letter to de Rothschild and von Hirsch, it is unknown exactly how influential the Blackstone Memorial was in influencing the views or policies of Harrison or Blaine. However, the Blackstone Memorial petition is highly significant because of its signatories, which included the most influential and wealthiest Americans of the era, the majority of whom were Christians.

Signatories of the Blackstone Memorial included J.D. Rockefeller, the country’s first billionaire; J.P. Morgan, the wealthy banker; William McKinley, future president of the United States; Thomas Brackett Reed, then speaker of the House; Melville Fuller, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court; the mayors of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Boston and Chicago; the editors of the Boston Globe, New York Times, Washington Post, and Chicago Tribune, among others; and numerous other members of Congress, as well as influential businessmen and clergymen. Though some rabbis were included as signatories, the petition’s content was opposed by most American Jewish communities. In other words, the primary goal of Zionism, before it even became a movement, was widely supported by the American Christian elite, but opposed by American Jews.
I find that last sentence interesting- it would seem American Jews have some of the same thoughts American protestants and American Catholics have- vs the Christian elites-

It validates a belief I've come to have since I got "woke"- LOL- to religion and the problems it creates/causes-

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Are they REALLY that fucking stupid???

Yes they really are. There are people that conduct Armageddon tours !!! They throw them on a bus and drive to some valley and say here’s where it’s all gonna happen !!!! Just imagine Jesus descending from heaven with God’s army at his back !!! Oh my can’t you just see it ???

All we need to kick start it all is one of the Arab nations to set of a nuke on Israeli soil !! Until then we, the U. S. MUST protect Israel at all costs.

Reactions: Hollywood
Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Unlikely - & unnecessary - that the US gave nuclear weapons to the state of Israel. See Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia. IDF was particularly lucky to have a very pro-Israeli government in France during a critical time for the early Israeli nuclear/weapons research effort.

I have no way to prove it. But over the years I’ve heard rumors and whispers. Seen minor references here and there. I would be very very surprised to find out Israel did not have US weapons. If not whole weapons at least key components and the nuclear material. I could be wrong but my gut tells me otherwise.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
I have no way to prove it. But over the years I’ve heard rumors and whispers. Seen minor references here and there. I would be very very surprised to find out Israel did not have US weapons. If not whole weapons at least key components and the nuclear material. I could be wrong but my gut tells me otherwise.
Oh, the Israelis have nukes, and delivery systems. Open secret.