Americans’ Life Savings Disappear From Mexican Bank Accounts

Jul 2018
Earth
Here is a sad and hilarious story at the same time. Many Americans have retired in Mexico and put their money in the Monex Casa de Bolsa SA de CV.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Well, guess what happened?

Some people woke up to discover that they only had 32 cents in their accounts. A few people have recovered some of their stolen money, but others have not had any luck. They will probably have to join a caravan and sneak back into the country. The lesson is don’t give crooks your money because if you do, you won’t have any.

Americans say money they had at Monex is gone and the bank isn’t helping them.

May 2018
Chicago
I'm not trying to be rude, but who in their right mind would put their retirement in a Mexican bank? How stupid do you have to be? This almost looks like an Onion headline.

I want to feel sorry for these people, but I really just can't. This is stupid on the lowest level of stupid.

Jul 2018
Earth
I'm not trying to be rude, but who in their right mind would put their retirement in a Mexican bank? How stupid do you have to be? This almost looks like an Onion headline.

I want to feel sorry for these people, but I really just can't. This is stupid on the lowest level of stupid.
It is a sad story because crooks stole the old people's money and now they are broke in a foreign country. That is a bad situation to be in for anyone.

The hilarious part is that the retirees thought that they would have better lives there. They might have had some good times but now they are in a nightmare. They went to a place where large numbers of people are trying to get away from to come to the places that the retirees left. It is like the saying that one person's hell is another person's heaven and vice-versa. It won't end well for most of them and that is too bad.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
There are several communities of Americans living in Mexico. I have a friend/former coworker who lives in Guymas. His banking is all done in the US with wire transfers made to a local bank for ongoing expenses. He holds dual citizenship as he is a naturalized US citizen. He doesn't trust the Banking system in Mexico. Several others I was acquainted with are living on Social Security on sailboats in Ensenada Baja California. I looked into it but decided it was too risky.

Apr 2015
Stockport. UK
Here is a sad and hilarious story at the same time. Many Americans have retired in Mexico and put their money in the Monex Casa de Bolsa SA de CV.

Well, guess what happened?

Some people woke up to discover that they only had 32 cents in their accounts. A few people have recovered some of their stolen money, but others have not had any luck. They will probably have to join a caravan and sneak back into the country. The lesson is don’t give crooks your money because if you do, you won’t have any.

Americans say money they had at Monex is gone and the bank isn’t helping them.

Maybe the Mexicans are using it to pay for the wall as Trump promised. :think:

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Sure they have. But this is just plain stupid.
How?
People around the world put money in banks.
This time, for some people, there's a problem. Maybe they get their money back, the article wasn't clear on that.
The article didn't say what happened, or how it is being resolved.