Americans do agree on something

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Especially on inheritance. Because passing down family farms and businesses is pathetically un-american. Besides they didnt farm that or something like that
So you are opposed to a flat tax?
I oppose a flat tax because it ignores the marginal utility of money.
The more money a person receives, the less the value of the marginal income.
So higher tax rates on higher income are fair, whereas a flat tax is unfair.

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2014
nunya
So you are opposed to a flat tax?
I oppose a flat tax because it ignores the marginal utility of money.
The more money a person receives, the less the value of the marginal income.
So higher tax rates on higher income are fair, whereas a flat tax is unfair.
No I am not opposed to a flat tax. I think a flat tax is the most fair tax. Goober your opposed to any individual income at all. Lets just call it what it is. You think there is this bubble. If anyone goes outside the bubble they get punished. Its not about revenue with you Goob. Its about one Government controlling all aspects of economy and society.

Dec 2015
Arizona
That is what you did though, and as a bonus you said they was not doing well because of their flat tax.

I will just stop now. It is obvious that your out of arguments against flat tax. Good job!

Coke, I have no idea why you continue to fib about what I posted. Here it is:
How ridiculous. Obviously Americans don't understand the flat tax. Do you know what countries have shifted to the flat tax system? Ukraine taxes its residents 13%, Georgia implemented a 12% tax and Lithuania taxes its residents 33%....Estonia, Serbia, Slovakia, Romania, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Mauritius and Mongolia. Kuwait, Mexico and a handful of other nations are also considering following suit. Wowza! I wanna be like THEM...said NO American EVER. Plus, Congress will never propose it or pass it and a Democratic president will veto it if they did. Not going to happen, CokaCola.

Where in that post or my last post did I state that the Communist or previously Communist countries (as you so eloquently stated) "they was not doing well because of their flat tax"??????? I did not state that. DID NOT.
My point (which whizzed right over your little pointed head) was that countries with a flat tax are small, Communist leaning countries....completely unlike the rather LARGE, Republic of the USA.
I do not agree with you about the flat tax. I think it will burden the already struggling middle class. I do not think it will achieve what some Americans want. It may sound great/easy/simple, but it is not in the best of interest of America's working class.
We will have to agree to disagree. No need for you to reply.

Dec 2015
Arizona
But as I said, why not make the basic deduction $40,000/yr? So anyone making under that would pay no tax. Yes, there are always complications. Should a married couple where one partner is a full time homemaker be treated differently than dinks? What deduction should be allowed for kids?

But come up with a simple set of rules and minimize them and all other deductions.

I'm not advocating this system necessarily, but I like this type of flat tax or an extended VAT type tax with very limited exemptions over the current hodgepodge of convoluted tax codes.

The flat tax doesn't allow deductions--under any circumstances--but there will be objections from all those who do not benefit. No kids?? Whining commences--not fair that couples WITH kids get a deduction. No mortgage? Why do people with mortgages get deductions? I'm all for simple deductions...and I understand your point.
I just do not think we need to scrap the progressive tax system. It can be fixed. Americans should pay according to their income, BUT everyone should pay something.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2014
nunya
Coke, I have no idea why you continue to fib about what I posted. Here it is:
How ridiculous. Obviously Americans don't understand the flat tax. Do you know what countries have shifted to the flat tax system? Ukraine taxes its residents 13%, Georgia implemented a 12% tax and Lithuania taxes its residents 33%....Estonia, Serbia, Slovakia, Romania, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Mauritius and Mongolia. Kuwait, Mexico and a handful of other nations are also considering following suit. Wowza! I wanna be like THEM...said NO American EVER. Plus, Congress will never propose it or pass it and a Democratic president will veto it if they did. Not going to happen, CokaCola.

Where in that post or my last post did I state that the Communist or previously Communist countries (as you so eloquently stated) "they was not doing well because of their flat tax"??????? I did not state that. DID NOT.
My point (which whizzed right over your little pointed head) was that countries with a flat tax are small, Communist leaning countries....completely unlike the rather LARGE, Republic of the USA.
I do not agree with you about the flat tax. I think it will burden the already struggling middle class. I do not think it will achieve what some Americans want. It may sound great/easy/simple, but it is not in the best of interest of America's working class.
We will have to agree to disagree. No need for you to reply.
I wanna be like THEM...said NO American EVER.
What the fuck is that supposed to mean then? Really? For fucks sake just stop

Jul 2014
massachusetts
No I am not opposed to a flat tax. I think a flat tax is the most fair tax. Goober your opposed to any individual income at all. Lets just call it what it is. You think there is this bubble. If anyone goes outside the bubble they get punished. Its not about revenue with you Goob. Its about one Government controlling all aspects of economy and society.
No, it's about economics, it's not a magical system handed down to us by God, it's supposed to be a practical system that brings the most good to the most people. So I'm for whatever works.
You OTOH, are in thrall to some dogma, you believe what you are told, no thinking required, and yes it is that obvious....

Reactions: 2 people
Feb 2014
nunya
No, it's about economics, it's not a magical system handed down to us by God, it's supposed to be a practical system that brings the most good to the most people. So I'm for whatever works.
You OTOH, are in thrall to some dogma, you believe what you are told, no thinking required, and yes it is that obvious....
You almost assigned me a religion! Haha yeah I am a real conformist :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nov 2012
Michigan
Fairness is irrelevant. The purpose of a tax should be to fund government,s legitimate operations, not make life fair.

A flat tax would raise more money, create more prosperity, and do more to take corrupting power away from politicians.

Reactions: 1 person