Americans still blame Republicans for shutdown

Aug 2012
Texas
Americans still blame Republicans for shutdown ? MSNBC

Republicans are still shouldering most of the blame for the current government shutdown, new polls found.

Seventy percent of Americans polled disagreed with the way the GOP is handling current issues, while 61% disagreed with the Democrats’ approach, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll released Monday. The president earned the lowest disapproval rating — 51% — out of the three groups.

A day before the shutdown began last week, 63% of Americans said they thought the GOP was handling negotiations poorly, MSNBC reported.

Both sides are unwilling for their party to compromise.

For example, 58% of Democrats said it would be unacceptable for Obama to agree to cuts or delays in the Affordable Health Care Act, according to a new Pew Research Center national survey.

Similarly, 54% of Republicans said it would be unsatisfactory for leaders of their party to agree to any deals that do not include cuts to Obamacare.

The Pew poll also showed approval of Congress is at 11%, a rate that reflects Americans’ displeasure at the ways Washington is dealing with the situation.

In addition, a CNN/ORC International poll released Monday revealed that 18% of the American public said the closure is a crisis, and an additional 49% said it has caused major problems. Democrats showed the most concern about the current situation.

Now those are the facts. Read 'em, and weep. - poet.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2013
Midwest
what part of 61% of america disagreed with the dems approach did you fail to read in your own post?

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
what part of 61% of america disagreed with the dems approach did you fail to read in your own post?
ONCE AGAIN POET is proven incorrect.

Heck his OWN LINK shows he is an idiot.

61% that is almost 2 of every three people DISAGREED WITH DEMOCRATS.

Thanks poet. for not reading your link.

Reactions: 3 people
Aug 2012
Texas
ONCE AGAIN POET is proven incorrect.

Heck his OWN LINK shows he is an idiot.

61% that is almost 2 of every three people DISAGREED WITH DEMOCRATS.

Thanks poet. for not reading your link.

So much for accusing me of doing what you do. #Obsession. #Stalking

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
61 % blame democrats (Your source) .. didn't read it did you..

poor poor poet.. he is not smarter than the average bear.

Reactions: 2 people
Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: TN just burned you for what you are...... an idiot :lol:
Hey it was not me that did not read his link.

I think that was poet.

Not stalking you.. Just read your link as it was presented in a response post.

It said 61% ~2 0f 3 blame democrats.

It is not my fault you did not read it..

I just pointed that fact out.

I thought you had me on ignore?

Jun 2013
Ohio
Boehner's answer to letting our Representatives vote.........

. John Boehner Wants To Negotiate, Skirts Question On 'Clean' CR

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Tuesday that he wants to have a "conversation" with President Barack Obama and congressional Democrats over the government shutdown and looming deadline to raise the debt ceiling.

"I want to have a conversation, I'm not drawing any lines in the sand," he said at a press conference, alongside other members of GOP leadership. "There's no boundaries here, there's nothing on the table, there's nothing off the table."

Comments from Boehner and his colleagues indicated that they are still hoping to win concessions from Democrats on Obamacare and the deficit in any deal to fund the government and raise the debt ceiling.

He declined to answer a question about whether the House would back a short-term debt limit increase. "I'm not going to get into a whole lot of speculation," he said, repeating that he wanted to "sit down and have this conversation."

He dodged a reporter's question at the end of the press conference on allowing a vote on a "clean" continuing resolution -- a bill to fund the government with no strings attached -- in order to end the shutdown. Boehner said on Sunday that the House of Representatives did not have the votes to pass such a measure, but vote tallies by The Huffington Post and other outlets show that the bill would likely pass.

"Doo, doo, doo," he hummed, walking out.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/john-boehner-clean-cr_n_4063669.html