America's Gun Violence and Homicide problem

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
there really hasn't been a strict gun control period in modern times. Assault weapons ban isn't strict gun control.

I'm not even advocating for strict gun control. There is an issue, and I'd even say it's an epidemic. I do believe some measures should be taken.

At this juncture in time though, even small measures won't be taken, so I guess it's a moot point.

Yes it was it banned many rifles. But the Problem is you guys are too dumb to figure out RIFLES (Including assault rifles) are not WEAPONS OF CHOICE.

His ban also effected the sales of HAND GUNS

What you guys have not learned BANS ONLY EFFECT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS..

It is the Criminal's JOB DISCRIPTION to violate the law.

Police STOP ~ 10,000 crimes a year while they are in progress

ARMED CITIZENS Stop between 800,000-2,500,000 crimes a year while in progress.

It depends on which Study you use.

Florida State

University of Chicago Law

UCLA

or Sheriffs association.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Yes it was it banned many rifles. But the Problem is you guys are too dumb to figure out RIFLES (Including assault rifles) are not WEAPONS OF CHOICE.

His ban also effected the sales of HAND GUNS

What you guys have not learned BANS ONLY EFFECT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS..

It is the Criminal's JOB DISCRIPTION to violate the law.

Police STOP ~ 10,000 crimes a year while they are in progress

ARMED CITIZENS Stop between 800,000-2,500,000 crimes a year while in progress.

It depends on which Study you use.

Florida State

University of Chicago Law

UCLA

or Sheriffs association.
I was like 13 when that happened. I had nothing to do with it, sorry.

and I don't think I've once defended it here, or suggested a ban of any type, so why are you coming at me about a ban that expired 15 years ago?

Dec 2018
New England
this is the thread for discussing all gun violence and homicides in our Country,

and what we're going to do about it
On a more serious note, and while I worry about the new political fashion to be less punitive when it comes to crime, we are not facing a homicide epidemic or anything like it. In fact, we've made excellent progress on violent crime rates over the last 25 years.

1568120978212.png

5 facts about crime in the U.S.

Dec 2018
New England
also these Republican representatives take money from the NRA, so they do what they're told
I think it's fair to say that gun violence in America is concentrated in our cities. Say, which party is almost universally in charge in those areas?

Jul 2019
Georgia
On a more serious note, and while I worry about the new political fashion to be less punitive when it comes to crime, we are not facing a homicide epidemic or anything like it. In fact, we've made excellent progress on violent crime rates over the last 25 years.

View attachment 4792

5 facts about crime in the U.S.
true.

also from pew, regarding gun violence

it's still high, especially compared to other countries.

I think it's fair to say that gun violence in America is concentrated in our cities. Say, which party is almost universally in charge in those areas?
neat. but Congress is in charge of Federal gun laws.

Dec 2018
New England
true.

also from pew, regarding gun violence

it's still high, especially compared to other countries.

neat. but Congress is in charge of Federal gun laws.
How do you get from "edged higher" in your cite to your take of it being "definitely an epidemic?"