America's Gun Violence and Homicide problem

Jul 2019
Georgia
How do you get from "edged higher" in your cite to your take of it being "definitely an epidemic?"
I didn't. I was responding to your post.

this thread is about gun violence, so I thought I'd add that perspective to what you already had posted about violent crime.

Sep 2019
NYC
law abiding gun owners are fine. this thread is about illegal gun violence (emphasis: homicide). It's in the title.

cool, I appreciate you bringing it up. I've called for numerous items to deal with the illegal gun problem.

1. release all non violent drug offenders.
2. expunge thier records.
3. increase penalties for using an illegal gun in a crime by 10 years or more no parole, no plea bargaining.
4. increase penalties for knowingly being involved in a "Strawman purchase" to 15 years no parole, no plea bargaining for dealer, buyer and seller for each count.
5. 20 year for crossing state line (federal) with an illegal gun or for selling a stawman gun (knowingly) that is transported across state lines.
6. use money saved by above on investment into inner city business development and scholarships for trade schools or college for those areas most affected.
7. work with local larger businesses to invest in inner city startups like my company does.
8. Pressure city mayors to waive fees for licensess and permits for new start ups in economically depressed areas.
9. legalize marijuana.

I have more, but thats off the top of my head.

10. most important and not something you or I can do, is change the culture that celebrates violence.

Reactions: se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
cool, I appreciate you bringing it up. I've called for numerous items to deal with the illegal gun problem.

1. release all non violent drug offenders.
2. expunge thier records.
3. increase penalties for using an illegal gun in a crime by 10 years or more no parole, no plea bargaining.
4. increase penalties for knowingly being involved in a "Strawman purchase" to 15 years no parole, no plea bargaining for dealer, buyer and seller for each count.
5. 20 year for crossing state line (federal) with an illegal gun or for selling a stawman gun (knowingly) that is transported across state lines.
6. use money saved by above on investment into inner city business development and scholarships for trade schools or college for those areas most affected.
7. work with local larger businesses to invest in inner city startups like my company does.
8. Pressure city mayors to waive fees for licensess and permits for new start ups in economically depressed areas.
9. legalize marijuana.

I have more, but thats off the top of my head.

10. most important and not something you or I can do, is change the culture that celebrates violence.
I agree with all of those items, and think all of them are definitely steps in the right direction.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
If the Republicans had a gram of decency they would repeal the Dickey Amendment.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
most Americans recognize the problem

from the below article:

58% of Americans have confidence that stricter gun laws would reduce mass shootings, while 41% remain skeptical.

6 in 10 fear a mass shooting; most think gun laws can help: POLL

6 in 10 fear a mass shooting; most think gun laws can help: POLL

76% think improved mental health monitoring and treatment would reduce mass shootings. 89% support background checks for gun purchases, including for sales at gun shows. 86% support "red flag" laws that allow police to take firearms away from people found by a judge to be a danger to themselves or others.

I worry about mass shootings, That is why I WANT MY GLOCK or my Colt 1911 Commander... At least that would give me and mine a sporting chance of surviving.

Actually if I can carry my Gun into an establishment LEGALLY I am 99.3% Safer from a mass shooter already...

99.3% of all MASS SHOOTINGS occur in estblishmens that DO NOT ALLOW CCL holders to carry

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I was like 13 when that happened. I had nothing to do with it, sorry.

and I don't think I've once defended it here, or suggested a ban of any type, so why are you coming at me about a ban that expired 15 years ago?

It is called history... and when we have STRICT GUN CONTROL more people are murdered... More access to firearms by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS DECREASE homicide rates by over 50%... As noted by US JUstice Department data I posted. (This data was tagged with Gun Control laws passage and repeal.)

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
true.

also from pew, regarding gun violence

it's still high, especially compared to other countries.

neat. but Congress is in charge of Federal gun laws.
Much if this is due to the snowflake effect,

Snowflakes have had no experience dealing with Rejection, or Dispute to their world view

The protection from opposition is like Anti-Bacterial Soap

You see what happens with the Use of anti-Bacterial Soap is you kill bacteria and you have no minimal contact with the bacteria.. So what happens

The Soap makes the bacteria much more RESISTANT, while making your immune system weaker..

Well In my day you punched the bully in the nose and he ran.... Today you punch the bully in the nose, this is unacceptable schools, daycares etc... think that defending yourself is an abomination.

What happens now, is that many people that the world does not go their way .. the commit suicide, because they have not learned to cope..

You learn to cope with disappointment when you have SMALL disappointments, this prepares you for Moderate disappoitments which prepares you to cope with major disappointments.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN

it has become so common? lets see gun violence is 60% LESS LIKELY than it was during Clinton's Assault weapons ban.

THIS ADD IS A LIE.

And as the NAZIs said you tell a big lie enough, people will come to believe it. (They did the same crap to disarm the NON-ELITE in Germany)

Wonder how the Final solution would have played if the JEWS and the Gypsies had been allowed to keep their Firearms, that SS officer would have to think twice before entering the Jew's home, the Nomad Camp of the Gypsies to drag them off to the gas chambers.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I worry about mass shootings, That is why I WANT MY GLOCK or my Colt 1911 Commander... At least that would give me and mine a sporting chance of surviving.

Actually if I can carry my Gun into an establishment LEGALLY I am 99.3% Safer from a mass shooter already...

99.3% of all MASS SHOOTINGS occur in estblishmens that DO NOT ALLOW CCL holders to carry
definitely going to need to see a link for that stat before I address it