An objective history of what I will refer to as the, “Palestinian” situation.

Feb 2018
Oxfordshire
I would like to bring some orderly and valid thinking to my knowledge of what I will refer to as the, “Palestinian” situation although I suspect that the very use of such terminology will immediately confuse the situation although I hope that will not be the case.
I am in my mid-eighties so can remember the end of the Second World War and the rapid movement of Jews into Palestine and when it comes to the emergence of the State of Israel I can remember some of the myths such as the exile to Babylon and some of the history of the Sykes-Picot Agreement, the Balfour declaration and the part Leopold Amery played in it.
The only book of substance that I have to help me is “Israel A History” by Martin Gilbert that has only short mentions of Balfour and nothing of substance on Sykes-Picot.
I am looking for some reading matter that will take me through the history of the state of Israel recognising that it may be difficult matter to find anything really objective and dare I say it but I would welcome anything that can offer a justification for the actual existence of the state of Israel. Can you help me?

May 2019
USA
I would like to bring some orderly and valid thinking to my knowledge of what I will refer to as the, “Palestinian” situation although I suspect that the very use of such terminology will immediately confuse the situation although I hope that will not be the case.
I am in my mid-eighties so can remember the end of the Second World War and the rapid movement of Jews into Palestine and when it comes to the emergence of the State of Israel I can remember some of the myths such as the exile to Babylon and some of the history of the Sykes-Picot Agreement, the Balfour declaration and the part Leopold Amery played in it.
The only book of substance that I have to help me is “Israel A History” by Martin Gilbert that has only short mentions of Balfour and nothing of substance on Sykes-Picot.
I am looking for some reading matter that will take me through the history of the state of Israel recognising that it may be difficult matter to find anything really objective and dare I say it but I would welcome anything that can offer a justification for the actual existence of the state of Israel. Can you help me?
This is something that will be debated for decades, and has been debated for decades.
Have you looked at the 1948 Palestinian exodus subject?
I find it is probably more telling in regards to the State of Israel than post WWI agreements. Unfortunately its as clear as mud.

Mar 2019
Texas
Also i found this.

Palestine issue History
The history of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict began with the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. This conflict came from the intercommunal violence in Mandatory Palestine between Israelis and Arabs from 1920 and erupted into full-scale hostilities in the 1947–48 civil war.
History of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

History of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Israeli–Palestinian_conflict

The history of the Israeli–Palestinian conflict began with the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948. This conflict came from the intercommunal violence in Mandatory Palestine between Israelis and Arabs from 1920 and erupted into full-scale hostilities in the 1947–48 civil war.
History of the Arab–Israeli ... · ‎Timeline of intercommunal ... · ‎Return to Zion

Palestine | History, People, & Religion | Britannica.com

https://www.britannica.com/place/Palestine

Mar 28, 2019 - Since the 20th century it has been the object of conflicting claims of Jewish and Arabnational movements, and the conflict has led to prolonged ...

Books to Understand the Israel-Palestine Conflict | Penguin Random ...

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.../books-to-understand-the-israel-palestine-co...

Books to Understand the Israel-Palestine Conflict ... the stories of various Israelis, journalist Ari Shavit weaves together a powerful portrait of Israel's history.

Nov 2017
That is very poor statement you made. What the op is talking about is political agreements not religious dogma.
But some might assert or argue that religious dogma is being used to make claims about political agreements, or what policies ought to be - or something similar to that effect.

Mar 2019
Texas
Just curious, are you simply making a neutral observation about this - or, was it your intention to imply that this is a good - or bad - idea?
I find it to be the resounding truth from the pro Israeli perspective. The creation of the state was literally based on the bible.

One of the arguments i have heard is that since the Palestinians temporarily moved due to the war back then it gave people the right to take over their lands cause their leader was talking to hitler.

It is hard for myself to cast judgement on either side.

Nov 2017
Is there a difference when it comes to this issue?
Generally speaking, yes there's practically a day and night difference. It's possible for political agreements to exist without having anything to do with any religious dogma.

This is about what I'd like to see, something that shows that the political agreements or claims can and do exist independently of any religious dogma.