And ANOTHER State Inches Forward....

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
Jaxian said:
I am personally concerned that people are using civil unions as a way to excuse themselves from mistreating gay people. That is, I think they are saying to themselves, "Now gay people are treated fairly, and we can put the issue to rest."

Although civil unions are better than nothing, I don't consider them a move toward equality, but a move toward prolonging inequality.

More precisely, civil unions are simply a re-statement of what was already available to homosexuals, or anyone else, in most states.

It is simply a collection of legal conveniences, something to be filed in the financial folder, next to the will and the life insurance policy.

Thankfully, we have successfully defended the attack on traditional marriage by homosexual militants

Mar 2007
Alabama
garysher said:

More precisely, civil unions are simply a re-statement of what was already available to homosexuals, or anyone else, in most states.

It is simply a collection of legal conveniences, something to be filed in the financial folder, next to the will and the life insurance policy.

Thankfully, we have successfully defended the attack on traditional marriage by homosexual militants

Thanks for proving Jaxian's point with your hateful post.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
CrazyFlamingos said:
Thanks for proving Jaxian's point with your hateful post.

Why do you say that?

Why do you never try to substantiate your emotional and hateful accusations?

Nov 2005
California
garysher said:
Not true, and this fact has been proven to you over and over again.

There is no way to force a hospital to treat a gay partner as a member of the family.

There is no way to force an insurance company to give a gay partner the same rates that a married partner would see.

There is no way to force a company to cover a partner with medical coverage if there is no state law on the issue.

Why do so many things need to be repeated for you?