Another Trump officials fails to disclose Russian ties

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
State Department official didn't reveal ties to boyfriend of Russian agent

Story was originally broken by the Washington Post

Here're the clif notes
- Maria Butina is a convicted Russian spy who infiltrated the NRA and made several connections throughout the GOP
- Butina's American boyfriend Paul Ericson is currently indicted on financial crimes but has been accused of aiding Butina in her effort, going as far as sending an email to the Trump campaign with the subject line "Kremlin Connection"
- Andrea Thompson was Mike Pence's National Security Adviser
- In the summer of 2017, Andrea Thompson got married and the person who officiated her wedding was... Paul Ericson. Thompson's fiance/now husband also donated $100K to Ericson's GOP efforts
- The stories of Butina and Ericson first came to light in the fall of 2017
- Andrea Thompson was promoted and senate confirmed for a position in the State Department, as the main person who negotiates arms deals with foreign countries.
- During her Senate confirmation hearing/background check, do you think Thompson disclosed that a convicted felon who was dating a Russian spy officiated her wedding? Nope. The first time senators found out, after having voted to confirm her, was yesterday in the Washington Post.

Just another day in the new normal

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
No one cares.

Why?

Because Trump is not the idiot he is called by the left.

I fear is reelection is inevitable.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
No one cares.

Why?

Because Trump is not the idiot he is called by the left.

I fear is reelection is inevitable.
No one cares that the the US lead arms negotiator failed to disclose Russian connections, making them subject to blackmail? If true, that's a poor reflection on the country.

May 2018
Chicago
No one cares that the the US lead arms negotiator failed to disclose Russian connections, making them subject to blackmail? If true, that's a poor reflection on the country.
The right does not care what this administration does or how it does it. As long as they get what they want, this administration can break any law it wants. The ends justify the means. I don't know about you, but I am really getting tired of it.