AOC Alleges Voter Suppression

Feb 2020
Houston
"Special Report" host Bret Baier broached the topic by mentioning an appearance by Sanders at the University of Michigan that drew around 10,000 people before asking Ocasio-Cortez, a Sanders surrogate, "How can you say the progressive position is still prevailing nationwide when Joe Biden is winning so much?"

"Well, I think one thing that isn't being talked about is the rampant voter suppression in this country," Ocasio-Cortez said. "Right there in Ann Arbor, where we had that rally, those kids were waiting three hours in line to vote in Michigan. And so when we talk about who's turning out and who's not turning out, we absolutely need to be clear."

Baier asked Ocasio-Cortez to clarify her voter suppression claims.

"You're saying that you think voters didn't get to vote that wanted to vote in Michigan?" Baier asked.

"Absolutely."

So the Michigan Dem party cheated for Biden.

Unless you think she's lying.?

Jul 2019
Georgia
she clarified her intent

she's upset that people had to wait hours to vote

granted, she should have been clearer from the get, but keep in mind, she's young and kind of new at this. She'll get better.

Feb 2020
Houston
she clarified her intent

granted, she should have been clearer from the get, but keep in mind, she's young and kind of new at this. She'll get better.
Yes, she's reallly cute when she plays grown up.

Dec 2018
New England
she clarified her intent

She'll need to get better just to reach idiot status.

Feb 2018
Oregon
"Special Report" host Bret Baier broached the topic by mentioning an appearance by Sanders at the University of Michigan that drew around 10,000 people before asking Ocasio-Cortez, a Sanders surrogate, "How can you say the progressive position is still prevailing nationwide when Joe Biden is winning so much?"

"Well, I think one thing that isn't being talked about is the rampant voter suppression in this country," Ocasio-Cortez said. "Right there in Ann Arbor, where we had that rally, those kids were waiting three hours in line to vote in Michigan. And so when we talk about who's turning out and who's not turning out, we absolutely need to be clear."

Baier asked Ocasio-Cortez to clarify her voter suppression claims.

"You're saying that you think voters didn't get to vote that wanted to vote in Michigan?" Baier asked.

"Absolutely."

So the Michigan Dem party cheated for Biden.

Unless you think she's lying.?
First of all, I have zero doubt that the DNC really really really didn't want Sanders but wanted Biden. And I do not believe the DNC is above cheating and suppressing votes if they think that would produce a Biden victory.

Secondly, I think Bernie brings some issues that make him just a bit of a problem even if he would beat Trump, but Warren would have been my choice, for what it's worth.

Dec 2015
Arizona
AOC is right as rain.
I can't speak to suppression in other states, but in Arizona it's alive and well. First--Anyone who registered as an Independent in Arizona (over 33% of the population) cannot vote in the AZ primary.
Our primary is Tuesday, March 17th, several polling places canceled and poll workers backed out due to virus fears. Because of this, our Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes, made a decision (on his own) to mail ballots because of coronavirus fears is illegal.
WHOA.
So, our AG Mark Brnovich filed a temporary restraining order against his OWN County Recorder. A local judge granted the restraining order.
AND there's more. In January, after flirting with the idea to ban out-of-precinct voting and restrict volunteers’ collection of early ballots--after gerrymandering Native American and Hispanic precincts, our AZ legislators (GOP majority) were slapped with a SCOTUS ruling basically saying "NO--that's racist!"
AND you'll love this part. If voters went to the wrong precinct, they could cast a provisional ballot. But election officials then throw this ballot away, even if the voter was otherwise eligible to vote.
From 2008 to 2016, Arizona discarded 38,335 out-of-precinct ballots cast by registered voters, exponentially more than any other state. AND I bet you can guess where those ballots came from. Minority precincts.
Maybe now removing those hurdles will raise minority turnout in a closely divided state and could transform its political outcome.
The good news: Arizona voters turned out in big numbers in 2018.
The bad: Many Arizona lawmakers have a vested interest in limiting who votes and how.

Reactions: Lyzza
Jul 2019
Georgia
She'll need to get better just to reach idiot status.
she's not an idiot. you need to get past that shit. She's a woman, hot, young and in power, and that terrifies a lot of insecure men, to where they feel they have to call her an idiot. She's not as seasoned as some other politicians, but she's not a fucking idiot. She's smarter than you, and she's smarter than me. Neither one of us could graduate cum laude from Boston University, and not sure we could get even get accepted to tell the truth. (I got accepted to Mercer, but I think BU may be a little tougher - not sure)

Jun 2018
South Dakota
she's not an idiot. you need to get past that shit. She's a woman, hot, young and in power, and that terrifies a lot of insecure men, to where they feel they have to call her an idiot. She's not as seasoned as some other politicians, but she's not a fucking idiot. She's smarter than you, and she's smarter than me. Neither one of us could graduate cum laude from Boston University, and not sure we could get even get accepted to tell the truth. (I got accepted to Mercer, but I think BU may be a little tougher - not sure)
Teens have graduated from these schools too. Getting thru is the easy part, it's learning something that's useful and needed in the job market. Her degree qualified her to be a bartender, along with hundreds of other MBA's whose major qualification is hamburger flipper. AOC has the sheepskin but lacks the most important ingredient, life experience. Her chronological age, 30, is young in the job she has but when her brain is still stuck in Jr High she's really unqualified to be there at all. Too bad the voters in NYC are that stupid to have voted her in. Even worse, she's a SanFran Nan in training. All in all the trends in the Democrat party are true indicators of where the lunatic liberals are dragging the party, off the edge.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Teens have graduated from these schools too. Getting thru is the easy part, it's learning something that's useful and needed in the job market. Her degree qualified her to be a bartender, along with hundreds of other MBA's whose major qualification is hamburger flipper. AOC has the sheepskin but lacks the most important ingredient, life experience. Her chronological age, 30, is young in the job she has but when her brain is still stuck in Jr High she's really unqualified to be there at all. Too bad the voters in NYC are that stupid to have voted her in. Even worse, she's a SanFran Nan in training. All in all the trends in the Democrat party are true indicators of where the lunatic liberals are dragging the party, off the edge.
Boston University is a little harder than your average University.

Check the admission requirements. It's cool if you don't think she's as qualified as say, Duncan Hunter or Devin Nunes, that's your weird opinion you're allowed to have, but she's no idiot.