Are people basically good?

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Dude, if you only knew what I thought when I read this.

BTW, it is egregious that any institution would offer degrees in such foolhardiness.

God bless!
Would not make any difference
The Bible is an evil fairy tale. At least 95% of it is pure evil. If you lived your life in accordance with the stories you would be in prison, in a mental institution, or dead.

Would you like examples?
Don't need any. However, I would bet they are all from the OT.

Jul 2018
Earth
Would not make any difference

Don't need any. However, I would bet they are all from the OT.
How willing are you to physically cut off parts of your body to keep from sinning? Will you give all of your money and stuff to the poor? When will you leave your family and go around preaching to strangers without any resources to support yourself?

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
People are some are evil but they have a bit of good in them, some or Good and have a little evil in them.

Exampe Al Capone (tied to over 300 murders) forced the Government in Chicago to start dating milk, because he felt children should no longer be drinking soured milk... he had some level of compassion.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
How willing are you to physically cut off parts of your body to keep from sinning? Will you give all of your money and stuff to the poor? When will you leave your family and go around preaching to strangers without any resources to support yourself?
I always have to laugh when people who say they are non-believers then post examples of their own hate, and anger, with ignorance. After all, they have read a few books written by Atheists on the evils, and contradictions, of scripture so surely they are the "enlightened" ones.

Do you know the definition of the word "Rhetorical"? Do you know how it is used, and for what purpose?. None of what you are making reference to is a commandment of God. And none of wht you are referring to would change a mans heart. One could cut off both arms, both legs, cut ourt his tongue, give away everything, and still be a sinner. And that is the message of the lesson. Without a change in attitude, and heart, one will not change just as you won't. Yoiur hatred for what you know nothing of, and your own anger, will not change until you have that change o. heart.

C.S. Lewis was as you are. He was a wealthy, and successful, lawyer, and he hated God. Then he took up studying the scripture to prove it to be wrong, and became converted.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I always have to laugh when people who say they are non-believers then post examples of their own hate, and anger, with ignorance. After all, they have read a few books written by Atheists on the evils, and contradictions, of scripture so surely they are the "enlightened" ones.

I have never in my life read one God damned book written by Atheists on the evils, and contradictions, of scripture.

I HAVE however been force feed that religious crap for 12 years of schooling.

What I have that you don't have is a fuckin CLUE.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
I have never in my life read one God damned book written by Atheists on the evils, and contradictions, of scripture.

I HAVE however been force feed that religious crap for 12 years of schooling.

What I have that you don't have is a fuckin CLUE.
Well, from your post I can see you lost that "clue". Maybe if you look hard enough you will find it up your ass where your brain is.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Well, from your post I can see you lost that "clue". Maybe if you look hard enough you will find it up your ass where your brain is.
Dude, you post as an idiot. You need to keep that religious crap the way gay was kept in the military. I won't ask, you don't tell.

Dec 2015
Arizona
The Bible is an evil fairy tale. At least 95% of it is pure evil. If you lived your life in accordance with the stories you would be in prison, in a mental institution, or dead.
Would you like examples?
I don't get it. I get the part about not believing in God or Jesus. I get the part about so-called "miracles". I get that the Bible has LOTS of contradictions----right out of the gate with Genesis. The plagues. The virgin birth. Boring parts like the genealogy. Lots of outrageous stuff.
I get the whole rejection that the Bible is the word of God and YEP--there is hate, jealousy, cruelty, violence, incest, killing, war, pestilence, and lots of really yucky stuff, but can I point out that .........

IT'S a BOOK. Just a BOOK. Maybe it's not really "The GOOD Book" as Christian's call it. But it's a BOOK.

It's a little astonishing to me that people get so worked up over it. There's a ton of history. Lots of parables and poetry. Stories that convey morals/values. Why the hatred?