ARE THERE ANY SMART PEOPLE HERE? BECAUSE I NEED TO ASK A QUESTION

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Mexican Lopez Obrador wins historic election landslide for left, my question is.. what does this mean ? What should we expect, i mean i'm not about to move to Mexico.. but is this going to end up like Venezuela or Costa Rica or Uruguay? MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador won Mexico’s presidency in a landslide victory on Sunday, setting the stage for the most left-wing government in the country’s democratic history at a time of tense relations with the Trump administration. no one is talking about this.. i think it should be pretty big news.. Mexican Lopez Obrador wins historic election landslide for left | Reuters Morena – La esperanza de México

Nov 2013
NM
It's a good question. I haven't seen much on Lopez Obrador in the US press. He is Left of center, & so I take him @ his word that Mexico isn't paying for a wall on the US/Mexico border. Beyond that, if he has a different approach to cleaning up Mexican politics, drugs & the economy (the last has been doing well in the past 10 years or so) - I'm interested in what it is.

Emigration from Mexico to the US has gone down to historic lows, as the US economy struggled & Mexico did relatively better. There's always that escape valve - if Mexico can't generate enough economic growth for the people who want to work to find jobs, they can always vote with their feet, & head north. That puts limits on how radical Lopez Obrador can go - without tipping the economic emigration train into running to the US again. I think Mexico needs their young ambitious workers.

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
It's a good question. I haven't seen much on Lopez Obrador in the US press. He is Left of center, & so I take him @ his word that Mexico isn't paying for a wall on the US/Mexico border. Beyond that, if he has a different approach to cleaning up Mexican politics, drugs & the economy (the last has been doing well in the past 10 years or so) - I'm interested in what it is.

Emigration from Mexico to the US has gone down to historic lows, as the US economy struggled & Mexico did relatively better. There's always that escape valve - if Mexico can't generate enough economic growth for the people who want to work to find jobs, they can always vote with their feet, & head north. That puts limits on how radical Lopez Obrador can go - without tipping the economic emigration train into running to the US again. I think Mexico needs their young ambitious workers.
if he wished to reform more power to him, if he wishes a revolution like venezuela god help us all

Sep 2018
cleveland ohio
Mexico already went through that, from 1910 CE to 1920. It was a very ugly chaotic time in the country, & I expect they're not eager to try it again.
sometimes revolutions are necessarry but they rarely end well, eventually things work themsevles out but the intial result only in chaos and death, people need to understand that, i need to remind myself comnstantly out of blood and mayhem evntually come progress but the cost?? the cost is so high.. so very high.. people never wilingly give up their priviege so true erevolutions have to scorch the earth blood must flow and its never ever pretty.. very sad but always inevitable

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
you need to actually study what he s doing have you done that, heres some advice first learn how to fucking read

Yes he supported Trump and the USMCA... (you know the Trade Deal that his opponent opposed._

he is working WITH Trump. not Against him.

He ran on the CLOSING of the southern border of mexico.. wait... he sounds more like Trump than Marx.