Are There Problems With the Boeing 737 Max? A Second Deadly Crash Raises New Questions

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Oh foolish you

From my source I linked in my post. First 4 words.

Who is more accurate, LWNC TDSer or AP..

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says the U.S. is issuing an emergency order grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9 aircraft in the wake of a crash of an Ethiopian Airliner that killed 157 people

My you are eating Crow every meal yummy yummy yummy RNG has Crow in his Tummy.

Apr 2014
redacted
Oh foolish you

From my source I linked in my post. First 4 words.

Who is more accurate, LWNC TDSer or AP..

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says the U.S. is issuing an emergency order grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9 aircraft in the wake of a crash of an Ethiopian Airliner that killed 157 people

My you are eating Crow every meal yummy yummy yummy RNG has Crow in his Tummy.
Thus putting many airlines either out of business or into bankruptcy. If there isn't any technical reason to ground US planes, the lawsuits will be interesting.

Another "win" for Trump!

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Multiple sources are saying that one of the problems is that the government shut down suspended negotiations on the fix.

But that doesn't make sense to me. Why did Boeing need government input for an internal tech problem?

Apr 2013
La La Land North
Now get this:

He [Trump] has demanded “goddamned steam” to power the Navy’s aircraft carriers and prefers a wall to drones and other technology to secure the country’s southern border.

He has rejected the scientific consensus on climate change and repeatedly, wrongly, pointed to occasional wintry weather as proof that he’s right.
And this week, amid a safety scare involving Boeing’s 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 airplanes, President Trump complained that modern jets are “too complex to fly.” He added: “I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better.”
I suppose he wants steam powered long range submarines, too.

What an ass. As in dumb-ass.

‘Too complex to fly’? Trump riff on planes shows aversion to technological change and science

Oct 2010
Colorado
Mar 2007
San Diego, CA
When I traveled to Guam in 1979, I had planned to fly on Continental Airlines direct, with a stop in Honolulu from Los Angeles. Continental used DC-10's for the flights.

Some of you may remember the crash in Chicago when an airline using a DC-10 had a hydraulic failure causing the plane to crash near O'Hare International.

So I booked with PanAm instead. We should know that they flew 747's at that time. I would have to connect in Honolulu from Los Angeles.

Well, the 747 in Los Angeles had to taxi back to the gate because of mechanical issues when smoke filled the cabin.

So that delayed the flight to Honolulu for five hours, meaning that I would miss the connection to Guam. There were flights between Honolulu and Guam, one in each direction.

The flights between Hawaii and Guam on PanAm left on time. Between Honolulu and Los Angeles, that was a different story. I think PanAm used older 747's for the L.A.-Honolulu runs. And newer 747's for the HNL-Guam runs.

Mechanical problems, go figure. I guess flying on a DC-10 may have been okay after McDonnell-Douglas get the hydraulic situation corrected.

I was talking with an airline pilot about that yesterday at his wedding about the Max 8's. Every pilot is concerned about that because the plane that they fly has people inside the aircraft. Better to get the problem solved before the Max 8 gets back to flying.