Are you sure it's all the millennials fault?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Tell that to Dan Quayle or GWB.
I'm a believer that most politicians are above average in intelligence, though many are below average in personality/public speaking. Dan Quayle was very intelligent, but good lord he came off as a unique brand of stupid.

Then again I remember the collective media freak out when Quayle misspelled the word "potato". If only the media held politicians to that standard today.

Dec 2018
New England
I'm a believer that most politicians are above average in intelligence, though many are below average in personality/public speaking. Dan Quayle was very intelligent, but good lord he came off as a unique brand of stupid.

Then again I remember the collective media freak out when Quayle misspelled the word "potato". If only the media held politicians to that standard today.
Quayle was tone deaf gauging public reaction to things and really ought never have been allowed to wonder near an open mic. You're right about him having brain, though. If memory serves, he was one the Senate's subject matter experts on weapons systems and was regularly consulted by members of both parties.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Quayle was tone deaf gauging public reaction to things and really ought never have been allowed to wonder near an open mic. You're right about him having brain, though. If memory serves, he was one the Senate's subject matter experts on weapons systems and was regularly consulted by members of both parties.
Think of the five most intelligent people you personally know. How many of them are incredibly likable/personable? Those two things aren't mutually exclusive, but it's rare to find someone with both qualities.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
If Cortez was a man, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Really

If Cortez was a man and a Democrat we would not have this discussion

you see how much was Bush harassed for his misspeaks
Is our children learning

how many times was Obama's misspeaks explained away like "he was tired"

57 States
Navy Corpse Man
If you get sick you first thing you do is call a para-legal
If you want a translator for Afganistan you seek out Arabic people (they speak Farsi in Afganistan)

lets not forget Al Gore reciting our National Motto

Out of one, Many