Are you sure it's all the millennials fault?

Nov 2012
Rhondda
The only decent economic order? You mean the pre-70s order where good, middle class jobs were, for the most part, available only to white men?
No - a decent Labour Government that taxed the rich properly, established the National Health Service and so on. It will all have been kept from you, so don't you worry your pretty little head about it! :)

Dec 2018
New England
No - a decent Labour Government that taxed the rich properly, established the National Health Service and so on. It will all have been kept from you, so don't you worry your pretty little head about it! :)
No such thing as a "decent Labour Government." ;-)

Dec 2018
London, UK
Older generations have always both idealised and blamed younger generations. At the end of the day, it all comes down to a multiplicity of factors: economical, cultural, educational, social... and the amount of responsibility individuals are willing to take. They say millenials are the most civic generation since WW1 and the most studied generation of all time... I feel "a generation" is too big to categorise and measure: we learn about general patterns, but the truth lies within grassroots communities and the individual.

Dec 2018
New England
Older generations have always both idealised and blamed younger generations. At the end of the day, it all comes down to a multiplicity of factors: economical, cultural, educational, social... and the amount of responsibility individuals are willing to take. They say millenials are the most civic generation since WW1 and the most studied generation of all time... I feel "a generation" is too big to categorise and measure: we learn about general patterns, but the truth lies within grassroots communities and the individual.
FWIW, I agree, they are more civic-minded than my generation (late boomer/early X-er). I also think they're a far more tolerant lot. Alas, they're also a bit on the sensitive (read "snowflake") side. As a general statement, dark humor is lost on them.

Dec 2018
London, UK
FWIW, I agree, they are more civic-minded than my generation (late boomer/early X-er). I also think they're a far more tolerant lot. Alas, they're also a bit on the sensitive (read "snowflake") side. As a general statement, dark humor is lost on them.
Hahaha, well that really made me laugh. Because it's true. :)