Arrested for being Christian in Texas

Apr 2014
redacted
The BP had no way of knowing if she was a coyote, human trafficker or anything else. All they knew was she had 3 illegals in her car on a dark, isolated Texas highway.

If the LW is so anxious to fix this problem, why haven't they forwarded any immigration reform since 1992 when Clinton got into office?

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
The BP had no way of knowing if she was a coyote, coyote or anything else. All they knew was she had 3 illegals in her car on a dark, isolated Texas highway.

If the LW is so anxious to fix this problem, why haven't they forwarded any immigration reform since 1992 when Clinton got into office?
Honest? This old lady dressed like the lawyer she is they figured was a coyote?

I am not blaming the cops, I am blaming Trump for this insane fear of the poor and hungry begging for help.

Apr 2013
La La Land North
And just to show what a horrible crime this was, an excerpt from the OP link:

The sheriff said he believes that Esmeralda would have died had Ms. Todd not stopped to help her. According to court records, she was taken by Border Patrol agents to Big Bend Regional Medical Center in Alpine, Tex., and was treated for four days for starvation, dehydration, infected wounds from cactus spines and rhabdomyolysis, a serious condition that can lead to kidney failure.
See, if the silly woman hadn't stopped, the one would have died and there would have been one less dirty drug running, disease carrying invader to worry about. Or that's what the typical RW right up to the Hater-in-Chief thinks.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
There's obviously something missing from the story. If it were evident that she wasn't there to pick up illegals she most likely would have been released. As it is she hasn't been charged with anything. She might have been a mamber of a group that is "assisting" illegals in their quest to enter illegally. Two years ago we traveled I-8 from I-10 North to Yuma. There is a rest stop that we use as a lunch stop that is frequented by organizations who make it their business to help illegals after they are caught and held in the field for transportation. They are doing a good humanitarian service. Chances are, as the story explained, those who are serving after the arrest are treated well by the BP. Those who are free lancing are not. There must have been something about the situation that caused the agents to treat her like a possibe law breaker.

Apr 2014
redacted
Honest? This old lady dressed like the lawyer she is they figured was a coyote?

I am not blaming the cops, I am blaming Trump for this insane fear of the poor and hungry begging for help.
Wow. So lawyers always dress like lawyers even in the middle of the night? Who knew?!

Jul 2018
Wow. So lawyers always dress like lawyers even in the middle of the night? Who knew?!
she was on her way home from work but honest Bob, there is a morally unacceptable agenda coming from the White House and it needs to stop.

Jul 2018
There's obviously something missing from the story. If it were evident that she wasn't there to pick up illegals she most likely would have been released. As it is she hasn't been charged with anything. She might have been a mamber of a group that is "assisting" illegals in their quest to enter illegally.
she is the county attorney
The Trump administration is doing everything in its power to hurt immigrants, both citizens and undocumented, leaving even the most well-intentioned of volunteers at risk for retribution.

She was in a holding cell for 45 minutes that night, and detained for three hours total. Days later, federal agents appeared at her office at Marfa City Hall with a search warrant for her phone, which they kept for 53 days. The family Todd tried to help are still in ICE custody in El Paso, possibly facing deportation. Todd hasn’t been charged with a crime, though a spokesman for the Border Patrol told the Times that the arrest is still “an active case.”
Clicker, you need to realize before you lose your soul (if you relive in stuff like that)
We are living through a biblical struggle of good vs evil and you orange deity is paling the part of Beelzebub.

Apr 2014
redacted
she was on her way home from work but honest Bob, there is a morally unacceptable agenda coming from the White House and it needs to stop.
...at night and you just "sensed" that she was dressed like a high-priced NY lawyer who the BP would instantly recognize as being a lawyer and leave her alone despite the 3 straggly illegals in her car?

Fuck Trump and his asshole agenda, I'm more interested in your ESP skills about what both the lawyer and BP knew and how they were dressed. :)

Apr 2013
La La Land North
The article says the sheriff who stopped her knew her. She was the attorney for the county for crying out loud.

Maybe he screwed up a case and she tore him a new one.